VOIP (SPA-2000) and POTS cordless phone...

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Kevin, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Hello,

    I have to start by saying I'm new to VOIP stuff.... So here
    goes... This is what I want....

    option 1:
    IConnectHere <-Cable Modem <-Switch <-SPA-2000 <-|-Cordless Phone
    Free World Dialup(FWD) <-Cable Modem <-Switch <-SPA-2000 <-|
    POTS <-|

    option 2:
    Free World Dialup(FWD) <-Cable Modem <-Switch <-SPA-2000 <-|- Cordless Phone
    POTS <-|

    SPA-2000 (product sheet):
    http://www.sipura.com/products/spa2000.htm

    I want to be able to switch lines on the cordless phone between
    my local and long distance lines....

    1) is this possible/potential problems?
    2) any cordless phone recomendations < $100?

    Thanks,
    -- Kevin

    Kevin, Jan 30, 2004