    initially with voip.co.uk, but am having problems that I will share in
    another thread. Oh, I'm a Linux user by the way and am using Linphone!

    Tony.

    Tony Arnold, Jan 16, 2006

  2. Tony Arnold

    Jono Guest

    Tony Arnold wrote:
    || I've just become interested in VoIP other than Skype and was amazed
    || by the number of service providers here in the UK. I was wondering
    || if anyone had any advice on how to go about selecting the best
    || provider? My use is only casual at the moment, but I would want to
    || dial non-VoIP numbers. I would also not want to pay a monthly fee,
    || if I can avoid it. I've signed up initially with voip.co.uk, but am
    || having problems that I will share in another thread. Oh, I'm a Linux
    || user by the way and am using Linphone!
    || Tony.

    www.sipgate.co.uk - free geographic number, PAYG calls to PSTN,

    www.voip.co.uk - free geographic number but £10 credit required, cheaper UK
    landline calls than Sipgate, PAYG calls to PSTN.

    www.voipstunt.com - free calls to UK landlines (while it lasts)

    Jono, Jan 16, 2006

  3. Tony Arnold

    Mark Guest

    A general rule of thumb is that you get what you pay for... Support
    doesn't come for free.

    Another hard rule is to avoid Just Dial VoIP like the plague. (Support
    and professionalism doesn't come at all.)

    Mark, Jan 17, 2006
  4. Tony Arnold

    usenet Guest

    I'm in the same boat as the OP so the above list is useful.

    Is it possible to find more 'technical' information for
    www.voipstunt.com to enable one to set up a VOIP enabled router with
    it?

    usenet, Jan 17, 2006
  5. Tony Arnold

    Jono Guest

    Tell us what you're using (router wise) and I'm sure you'll be able to find
    more "technical" information right here.

    Jono, Jan 17, 2006
  6. Tony Arnold

    alexd Guest

    Search for 'voipstunt asterisk' and you'll get all the technical information
    you can eat!

    alexd, Jan 17, 2006
  7. Tony Arnold

    usenet Guest

    It's a Zyxel 2602HW which arrived yesterday. I have got it set up as
    my router already (I'm using it to post this) but haven't looked at
    the VOIP bits at all yet.

    usenet, Jan 18, 2006
  8. Tony Arnold

    RiDdLeR1989 Guest

    Visit www.voiphelpforum.com for a list of providers and there packages
    they offer....also has a Forum where you can post any questions...

    RiDdLeR1989, Jan 24, 2006
  9. Tony Arnold

    David Floyd Guest

    BUT this is a UK group!!