    port closed, would it also indirectly prevent the use of
    voice-activated Instant Messaging (IM) ? Many thanks

    Philippe

    Kuroneko, Jul 13, 2003

  2. Kuroneko

    RC Guest

    I doubt it.

    Some governments just don't get how the internet works. All that will happen
    is people will switch to another port. How about using port 80 or 25 or 110
    or 61234.

    RC, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Kuroneko

    Beep Guest

    A though job, if not possible, to litigate this issue since most VoIP device
    can be set to use any port. For instance, your local gov can request to
    close SIP ports. As soon as this is done, people are trying to do VoIP with
    other ports even over SIP. When this happens, placing a VoIP call will be
    like playing a mouse catching scheme, i.e. Tom & Jerry... Lots of fun.

    Beep, Jul 20, 2003