VOIP phone rings but I cannot answer it.

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Axle_F, May 10, 2006.

  1. Axle_F

    Axle_F Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to use the BT Broadband Voice Voyager 10V Telephone Adapte
    but I seem to be having an issue with it.

    When I receive a call via my normal landline both the VOIP and landlin
    phones ring. However, I cannot answer the call using the phone connecte
    via the adapter (the VOIP one) even tho it is ringing. When I pick it u
    all I can hear is an engaged tone and the landline phone keeps o
    ringing.

    If I unplug the landline phone then the VOIP phone still rings when
    receive a landline call but I still cannot answer it.

    I can use both phones to dial out with no problems.

    Does anyone know how to cure this? The BT helpdesk has not been a grea
    help.

    Many thanks in anticipation

    Axle_F, May 10, 2006

  2. Axle_F

    alex Guest

    Could be a firmware fault. Ask them if it is possible to re-load it from a
    website...

    If not they should replace it, luckily its the adaptor and not the main
    router...

    Best of luck.

    Alex

    alex, May 11, 2006