VOIP one-way audio problem

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Lobster, Apr 5, 2009.

  1. Lobster

    Lobster Guest

    I've just set up x-lite 3.0 on my netbook PC, for use away from home in
    conjunction with my Sipgate account (which I currently use successfully
    at home with a VOIP phone. I had x-lite running fine on my previous
    laptop, but can't make this work.

    Using the netbook setup, I'm connecting to sipgate OK and can make and
    receive calls. However, I'm only getting inbound audio on x-lite (and
    not great quality at that); but the person I'm calling can't hear
    anything at all from me.

    I gather from google that this is likely to be all about
    ports/firewalls/routers etc?

    I have a Linksys WRT54G router, and have forwarded the following ports
    to the netbook's IP address: 5060, 5004, 8000-8016 (all UDP) (note that
    my VOIP phone works fine connected to this router). The netbook's
    running XP firewall which had x-lite as an exception.

    So - any ideas please?!

    Thanks
    David

    Lobster, Apr 5, 2009

  2. Lobster

    Jack Bauer Guest

    Have you got STUN enabled? If so, try disabling it.

    Jack Bauer, Apr 5, 2009

  3. Lobster

    Lobster Guest

    Thanks for the replies guys.... I've continued googling since posting
    this, and have found a l-o-n-g thread in this ng with an identical
    problem (thread started 20 Feb) and people started jumping up and down
    about a possible faulty microphone. And guess what - that's exactly my
    problem! Duh... always test the obvious things first, eh?

    Thanks
    David

    Lobster, Apr 5, 2009
  4. Lobster

    divoch Guest

    Lucky you, because the thread you are referring to was the one I initiated.
    Although I have not yet tried a different mic., in my case the one I have
    works
    with Skype and Live Messenger and so should work with X-Lite too.
    I have Vista PC and, interestingly, the same router as you have.

    divoch

    divoch, Apr 6, 2009