    How this is possible, what systems are used, what is the standard, all
    that is covered by this basic and advanced Howto.

    http://www.freewebs.com/voipformula/VoIP-HOWTO.html

    voiptutorial, Mar 6, 2006

  2. <snip>

    I glanced over this and I have a few observations.

    "...almost null cost." is not strictly true. The is always a cost, be
    it bandwidth, actual call cost or connection fees, time etc. I could go
    on forever.

    The SIP Protocol is not mentioned anywhere. This is a major oversight
    in my opinion, since h.323 is slowly being depreciated in favour of the
    more extensible, simpler SIP protocol. To base a tutorial on h.323 is
    pointless really considering how difficult it is to find a h.323
    consumer handset, how difficult it is to understand the h.323 protocol
    (I've been working with telecoms now for a good 6+ years, and voip for
    5ish and *I* barely understand that monstrosity of a protocol).

    No mention of USB Handsets. No mention of skype.

    To me it appears as if someone has copy/pasted and not actually
    bothered reading what's been posted. ISA cards? I mean come on! Dude! I
    don't even HAVE an ISA slot in my PC anymore!

    Yet another example of "Go home and try again."

    ~ Rich

    Richard Smith, Mar 7, 2006

  3. He collects material from other VOIP sites (without crediting the original
    authors), then spams newsgroups with his "look at my site" messages. It's
    generally been assumed that he does it to pull in advertising revenue.

    The authors of asterfax got quite annoyed when he "announced" the release of
    Asterfax 1.0b5 with a pointer to his site.

    http://groups.google.com/group/uk.telecom.voip/msg/0c440a06958040eb

    Thomas Sandford, Mar 7, 2006
  4. Peon.

    That's the only word that comes to mind.

    Richard Smith, Mar 7, 2006
  5. voiptutorial

    hairydog Guest

    You will have noticed that his site is entirely made of stolen stuff
    written by other people, taken without permission. It is entirely
    surrounded by Google ads, and it just a scam.

    Whatever you do, don't click the Google ads. Best report this fraud to
    Google.

    hairydog, Mar 7, 2006
  6. I was wondering...

    I didn't actually get the ads at all...

    Firefox's AdBlock plugin works a treat! I highly recommend it! :D

    Richard Smith, Mar 13, 2006