    selected the VOIP phone in 1899's configuration boxes, I cannot get it
    to recognise the use of the VOIP phone's dial pad, it simply does not
    work with it. How do I solve this please?

    Derrick Fawsitt, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Derrick Fawsitt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    The keypad on the K phone is *only* supported by Skype, you can't use it
    with anything else.

    Now I just wish I could get my PC to recognise it as an audio device..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 16, 2005

  3. Oh I can use it to speak and hear, but only once I have dialled the
    number on the 1899 keypad on the PC, then my handset takes over. I just
    wish I could use the handset for all of the above, no matter which
    service I was using.

    Derrick Fawsitt, Apr 16, 2005
  4. Derrick Fawsitt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Derrick Fawsitt wrote:

    [snip]
    You're the opposite way round to me then..! I can use the keypad, the PC
    just won't load the USB drivers for the audio side..!!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 17, 2005
  5. Someone called Namsan has come up with some information in the Broadband
    NG, I trust it is OK quote it here... I quote:-

    "
    I'm in the same boat with the Cyberphone K -- if you check the
    manufacturer's website http://www.voipvoice.com/ you'll see that they do
    warn "Additional driver required for integration of keypad into 3rd
    party software".

    However, some of the non-generic softphone providers have apparently
    managed to incorporate the necessary driver into their proprietary
    software, which shows that it can be done.

    However, like you, I want to use the 1899voip service and reckon it is
    probably just a question of time before a suitable generic SIP or IAX
    driver becomes available to enable the dial pad and other keys. Haven't
    found one yet, but am still looking".
    End of quote.

    I hope that throws a little light on matters,

    Derrick Fawsitt, Apr 17, 2005
  6. I have now decided to return the VOIP handset as it would seem that I
    cannot use it with the varied systems of VOIP out there other than
    Skype. Using it to talk PC to PC on Skype does not give better audio, in
    fact it turns out to be worse. Those are my experiences with this
    handset and my system of PC to PC and PC to telephone works better using
    my PC mike and my speakers, at least that is my experience.

    Derrick Fawsitt, Apr 18, 2005