VOIP Friendly ADSL Supplier....

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Matt, Jul 10, 2006.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Hi,

    Following the collapse of e7even, I have been forced to find a new ADSL
    supplier.

    As one of the main uses of the line will be VOIP, I thought I'd ask
    users here for details of those ISP's who seem to prioritise VOIP
    traffic.

    At the moment AAISP (Andrews and Arnold) are getting good comments on
    their VOIP traffic, but I guess there must be others?

    If people can recommend an ADSL provider who prioritises VOIP traffic
    I'd be grateful!

    Many thanks

    Matthew

    Matt, Jul 10, 2006

  2. Matt

    Martin² Guest

    I have been pretty happy with PlusNet for over 3 years, using (non PlusNet)
    VoIP for 18 months and it works perfectly. Mind you I do have VoIP router
    with QoS and 2Mb/s connection.
    If you decide to sign up with PlusNet please use my ID 'wester' as a
    referrer and save me few pence,
    thanks, regards,
    Martin at wester dot plus dot com
    PS I have new boxed Zyxel 2602HW, WiFi, 2xVoIP router for sale.

    Martin², Jul 11, 2006

  3. Matt

    mattpark Guest

    Griffin Internet are an excellent supplier

    mattpark, Jul 11, 2006
  4. Matt

    Lee Guest

    I have no idea if they actually *prioritise* VoIP traffic but I have always
    had excellent connections via my Zen Internet ADSL. Zen are more expensive
    than other suppliers but you get what you pay for.

    Lee, Jul 11, 2006
  5. Matt

    The Iceman Guest

    I'm using Tiscali.
    I've no idea whether they prioritise VoIP traffic or not, but I've never had
    a problem using VoIP over their service.
    I'm only paying for the 1MBPS service capped at 2GB per month, but oddly
    enough its been connected at 2MBPS for about the last six to eight months
    and I'm only getting charged the normal monthly fee. I've never managed to
    get close to the 2GB cap, even listening to 192kbps Octoshape stream of
    www.smoothjazz.com most of the time.
    Since I've retired my USB modem and gone with a Netgear ADSL router I've
    been connected 24/7 and they haven't complained or tried to charge me any
    extra. I'm just keeping quiet!

    Ssshhhhh!! ;-)

    The Iceman, Jul 11, 2006
  6. Matt

    PeterW Guest

    I have no problems with Freedom2surf. I use Voip with VoipCheap, F2S's own
    one, Wengo, BT, sipgate, voiptalk ....

    They also do the Billion SIP/Wireless/ADSL router at £75 which is a good
    price.

    Peter

    PeterW, Jul 11, 2006