    is offering a very good ($$) deal. However, it looks like a small and
    new company.

    Any information and advice appreciated. Thank you in advance.

    Subba Rao, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Subba Rao

    Bob Goddard Guest

    Since you're not smart enough to post to the proper group, I'd stick
    to a couple of tin cans and piece of string.

    Bob Goddard, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Subba Rao

    charlie3 Guest

    I'm a satisfied vonage customer too who went the whole way, ported my
    home phone number and dropped the local phone account (my cell phone
    is my backup). I've noticed the new companies starting up and I'm
    interested in what they offer but not tempted to change.

    I've written before that Vonage is the right product at the right
    price for me right now. I expect vonage will respond to the
    competition if there is too much difference in value for the dollar.
    If I find they are simply outclassed by some competitor and not likely
    to respond I could end up changing services but I don't see that right
    now.

    Besides Vonage and a Verizon cell phone I added another tool to the
    mix, Skypeout. It is a cheaper less capable substitute for the Vonage
    softphone. Vonage wants $10 every month for 500 minutes. Skypeout
    gives me 600 minutes and 6 months to use them. The Vonage softphone
    would be able to take incoming calls from my regular vonage service.
    Skypeout can only do outgoing calls but the difference in the terms
    was the deciding factor for me. Skype is useful to me for making
    outgoing calls where I have a hotspot and don't want to use cell phone
    minutes.

    charlie3, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Subba Rao

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    And it's related to comp.dcom.sys.cisco, how?

    Ivan Ostres, Sep 9, 2004
  5. Subba Rao

    Subba Rao Guest

    Thank you for your information and the positive feedback!

    Subba Rao, Sep 10, 2004