    leat until they pull their fingers out and launch a new package.

    Which are the best ones to consider? Mostly calls to landlines, a very
    few to mobiles, all UK numbers, peak and off-peak.

    Iain, Nov 24, 2007

  2. Iain

    cybuerke Guest

    If you don't need incoming numbers, it has to be one of the Betamax family.
    Voipstunt, Voipdiscount et al.

    cybuerke, Nov 24, 2007

  3. Even if you want incoming numbers the Betamax family will do, just point for
    free a number at them.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Nov 24, 2007
  4. Iain

    Soruk Guest

    Seconded. My VoipCheap account has my Tesco Internet Phone number
    authenticated for caller ID, and my Trixbox is set up so outgoing calls go
    via VoipCheap (with override codes for Tesco, Ekiga and SipBroker), and
    inbound calls from Tesco and Ekiga come through to my phones.

    (Tesco credit doesn't expire apparently, and the numbers are free. My
    IPA1000 came with a £5 voucher, and wasn't locked so I've been able to
    reconfigure it as an IAX2 extension to my Trixbox. I had retired it
    after getting my Siemens SIP DECT phone, but it might have its use as an
    extension.)

    Soruk, Nov 25, 2007
  5. Iain

    Pete Guest

    voipcheap.com here. Free days seems to exceed the standard 120 days
    permanantly for me now.

    My current status is
    "Remaining credit: € 19.66 (buy more)"
    "Freedays remaining: 347 (info)"

    My Average spend (on Mobile calls) is around 25 Euros every 2 months.
    That's the same account used for business & domestic outbound calls with
    Inbound calls, freephone calls, 0845 etc going through voipfone.co.uk

    Never had a problem with regards to reliabillity ov cheap.com

    Everyone says how wonderful voip.co.uk support is, but you have to have
    problems in order to find this out.
    I don't have a clue as to whether voipcheap.com has good support as I
    have never had the service fail in the 12 months I've been using it.

    Even better now I have got caller-id working through it now!

    HTH
    Pete

    Pete , Nov 25, 2007
  6. Iain

    Iain Guest

    Thanks. How do I go about using a Voipstunt account with an ATA? A PC
    application is not really much good.

    Iain, Nov 25, 2007
  7. Iain

    Iain Guest

    Ignore that. I've found the instructions on their website.

    Iain, Nov 25, 2007
  8. Iain

    Trevor Hyde Guest

    And once your ATA a/c is up and running, there's no need to keep the app on
    your PC , so away with the clutter. :))

    Trevor Hyde, Nov 25, 2007
  9. Iain

    Ian Pawson Guest

    Well this happened to me a few months ago. What annoyed me was that they
    did not let me know that the package had run out!!
    I moved to VoipCheap and was pleased with the much better voice quality
    ie no echo either way. I did not use the £1.99 a month it cost me for
    calls, so I am better off as well.

    Ian Pawson, Nov 25, 2007
  10. Iain

    mymail Guest

    I have been using Comm's for inbound and voipcheap for outbound for a
    couple days now and all is working out extremely well and for very
    little cost .
    Has someone else here said after so many years of extremly good
    service it is a real pity that the company should let the service go
    down hill so fast .

    mymail, Nov 25, 2007
  11. Iain

    Linker3000 Guest

    Who's "Comm's"?

    Linker3000, Nov 25, 2007
  12. Iain

    Linker3000 Guest

    'tis a pity but I am just contemplating doing just what you have done
    for exactly the same reason.

    Linker3000, Nov 25, 2007
  13. Iain

    cybuerke Guest

    Possibly coms.com. Off shoot of callunion?

    cybuerke, Nov 25, 2007
  14. Iain

    Michael Guest

    I currently use voip.co.uk - but will happily consider a move to
    voipcheap -but - can I port my number to the latter?

    Mick

    Michael, Nov 25, 2007
  15. Iain

    Linker3000 Guest

    Not unless voipcheap have a porting agreement with Gamma Telecom
    (coip.co.uk's provider) - if not, you'll have to port to BT and then in
    to voipcheap but there may be a lock-in period with BT - the whole
    porting business is a right mess.

    Linker3000, Nov 26, 2007
  16. Iain

    Tim Guest

    Coms bought callunion.

    Tim

    Tim, Nov 26, 2007
  17. Iain

    Paul Cupis Guest

    To do a subsequent port to voipcheap, they would still need a porting
    arrangement with the range holder, so you may as well port directly
    rather than trying to go via BT.

    Paul Cupis, Nov 26, 2007
  18. Iain

    PeterW Guest

    wrote in

    I have used voiptalk.co.uk (a Telappliant company) for a while now. They
    did an offer of free inbound numbers a while back. They seem quite reliable
    and the quality is OK, although it is mainly inbound I use - with the free
    calls on voipcheap.com I use them more for outbound.

    Peter

    PeterW, Nov 29, 2007