VOIP.CO.UK - Incoming call problems

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by gumusluk, Dec 29, 2005.

  1. gumusluk

    gumusluk Guest

    I have a problem with incoming calls on my voip.co.uk account. Here is
    a summary of the problem:

    My number 0161 870 86xx works fine for outgoing calls and also for
    incoming calls IF the caller is on voip.co .uk AND dials my username
    110xxx (not the PSTN number).

    All callers dialling 0161 870 86xx get directed to voicemail
    immediately.

    I have tried my account on my Snom 190 and Sipura 1001 with the same
    results.

    Interestingly, if I put my account details into X-pro on my laptop,
    incoming calls work without a problem!

    I have 4 other accounts (Sipgate, sipdiscount, voipuser and justdial)
    on the Snom and these are all working!

    I initially thought that it may have been a ports issue, however, until
    a couple of days ago everything was OK and nothing has changed in my
    network set-up. However, if it was down to ports, would it work with
    on-net calls?

    Voip.co.uk support are looking at the issue but at the moment they say
    that everything looks Ok with my account and they don't know what the
    problem can be. I know that there was some upgrade to their system and
    wonder if this could have changed something. I haven't heard from them
    for the last 3 days so I hope they are still looking at it!

    I would be interested if anyone has any suggestions.

    John.
     
    gumusluk, Dec 29, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. gumusluk

    Jono Guest

    gumusluk wrote:
    || I have a problem with incoming calls on my voip.co.uk account. Here is
    || a summary of the problem:
    ||
    || My number 0161 870 86xx works fine for outgoing calls and also for
    || incoming calls IF the caller is on voip.co .uk AND dials my username
    || 110xxx (not the PSTN number).
    ||
    || All callers dialling 0161 870 86xx get directed to voicemail
    || immediately.
    ||
    || I have tried my account on my Snom 190 and Sipura 1001 with the same
    || results.
    ||
    || Interestingly, if I put my account details into X-pro on my laptop,
    || incoming calls work without a problem!
    ||
    || I have 4 other accounts (Sipgate, sipdiscount, voipuser and justdial)
    || on the Snom and these are all working!
    ||
    || I initially thought that it may have been a ports issue, however, until
    || a couple of days ago everything was OK and nothing has changed in my
    || network set-up. However, if it was down to ports, would it work with
    || on-net calls?
    ||
    || Voip.co.uk support are looking at the issue but at the moment they say
    || that everything looks Ok with my account and they don't know what the
    || problem can be. I know that there was some upgrade to their system and
    || wonder if this could have changed something. I haven't heard from them
    || for the last 3 days so I hope they are still looking at it!
    ||
    || I would be interested if anyone has any suggestions.
    ||
    || John.

    Hmm. You're not on your own.

    I haven't set voicemail up, so any PSTN callers get a stuttered dial tone
    (not engaged) or possibly what's known as a "fast busy"

    They've obviously "mended" something.
     
    Jono, Dec 29, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. gumusluk

    NutCracker Guest


    I've got problems too - and they appear to have happened very recently.

    I can ring out ok but I can't receive calls.

    Voicemail used to work - but now doesn't. When I dial my VOIP number, I get a
    few clicks on the line then the engaged tone.

    Very frustrating!!!!

    Nutz
     
    NutCracker, Dec 29, 2005
    #3
  4. gumusluk

    Brian A Guest

    My voicemail has NEVER worked despite complaining about it several
    times.. Now when I dial into my number I get the 'number unavailable'
    chimes.
    :-(


    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
     
    Brian A, Dec 29, 2005
    #4
  5. gumusluk

    Martyn Dewar Guest

    Likewise: when I cal my number (0141 4046xxx), I'm getting beeping tones
    from Orange and a "Network Busy" message.

    From BT I get the dreaded "The service cannot be connected" message.

    Incidentally, my voicemail's been partially working for the last week or
    so (i.e. I can actually get through to 121 now, but when people call
    they still don't get anything). - Bit of a nuisance.

    :(

    I've just opened a ticket (no: 457) about this, so I do hope they'll
    take a look soon.

    -m.
     
    Martyn Dewar, Dec 29, 2005
    #5
  6. gumusluk

    Martyn Dewar Guest

    Just had a reply from Theo wrt my ticket - their investigating it.

    Prompt response, lets hope it's fixed soon! :)
     
    Martyn Dewar, Dec 29, 2005
    #6
  7. gumusluk

    Jono Guest

    Just got this (unsolicited) report from voip.co.uk:

    Dear Customer,

    We are currently experiencing intermittent failures affecting inbound

    calls to a large number of our geographic numbers due to a problem with

    an interconnect with another provider.

    We are working with the provider in resolving this issue as quickly as
    possible and will keep you updated.

    This problem is not affecting outbound calls, or inbound calls to non

    geographic numbers.

    We would like to appologise for any inconvenience this may cause you, and

    will be investigating measures we can put in place to ensure this does not
    happen again.

    Kind Regards,

    VoIP.co.uk Network Operations
     
    Jono, Dec 29, 2005
    #7
  8. gumusluk

    Martyn Dewar Guest

    You can disable those notifications in the Control Panel
    (http://my.voip.co.uk) if you don't want them.

    :)
     
    Martyn Dewar, Dec 29, 2005
    #8
  9. gumusluk

    NutCracker Guest


    Same here.

    Incoming calls working for me now.

    Just need voicemail working now.....it works when using a softphone - can't get
    it to work with my new xmas pressie (Sipura SPA-3000). Anyone got this working
    with voip.co.uk ? Can receive and make calls ok - just want the voicemail
    working too! Dialling 121 does nothing and when I call my VOIP number, the
    voicemail doesn't kick in.
     
    NutCracker, Dec 29, 2005
    #9
  10. gumusluk

    Jono Guest

    Martyn Dewar wrote:
    || Jono wrote:
    ||
    ||| Just got this (unsolicited) report from voip.co.uk:
    |||
    ||
    || You can disable those notifications in the Control Panel
    || (http://my.voip.co.uk) if you don't want them.
    ||
    || :)

    No, no, you misunderstand.

    I merely meant I hadn't got round to reporting a fault - I got v.c.uk's
    notice before I reported it.
     
    Jono, Dec 29, 2005
    #10
  11. gumusluk

    Jono Guest

    NutCracker wrote:
    || Just need voicemail working now.....it works when using a softphone -
    || can't get it to work with my new xmas pressie (Sipura SPA-3000).
    || Anyone got this working with voip.co.uk ? Can receive and make calls
    || ok - just want the voicemail working too! Dialling 121 does nothing
    || and when I call my VOIP number, the voicemail doesn't kick in.

    I wonder what difference there is between using a softphone & your spa?

    Have you allowed for the 3 digit access code in your spa's dialplan?
     
    Jono, Dec 29, 2005
    #11
  12. gumusluk

    NutCracker Guest


    A bit of a novice to these weird dialplan's! :)

    What would you suggest that I add to ensure that 121 would work on the SPA ?
     
    NutCracker, Dec 29, 2005
    #12
  13. gumusluk

    Jono Guest

    NutCracker wrote:
    || On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:33:51 GMT, "Jono" <>
    || wrote:
    ||
    |||
    |||
    ||| NutCracker wrote:
    ||||| Just need voicemail working now.....it works when using a softphone
    ||||| - can't get it to work with my new xmas pressie (Sipura SPA-3000).
    ||||| Anyone got this working with voip.co.uk ? Can receive and make
    ||||| calls ok - just want the voicemail working too! Dialling 121 does
    ||||| nothing and when I call my VOIP number, the voicemail doesn't kick
    ||||| in.
    |||
    ||| I wonder what difference there is between using a softphone & your
    ||| spa?
    |||
    ||| Have you allowed for the 3 digit access code in your spa's dialplan?
    |||
    ||
    ||
    || A bit of a novice to these weird dialplan's! :)
    ||
    || What would you suggest that I add to ensure that 121 would work on the
    || SPA ?

    What's your current dialplan?
     
    Jono, Dec 29, 2005
    #13
  14. gumusluk

    NutCracker Guest

    This is the default (which I think needs changing for UK ??)

    (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
     
    NutCracker, Dec 29, 2005
    #14
  15. gumusluk

    Jono Guest

    NutCracker wrote:
    || On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 22:16:33 GMT, "Jono" <>
    || wrote:
    ||
    |||
    |||
    ||| NutCracker wrote:
    ||||| On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:33:51 GMT, "Jono" <>
    ||||| wrote:
    |||||
    ||||||
    ||||||
    |||||| NutCracker wrote:
    |||||||| Just need voicemail working now.....it works when using a
    |||||||| softphone - can't get it to work with my new xmas pressie
    |||||||| (Sipura SPA-3000). Anyone got this working with voip.co.uk ?
    |||||||| Can receive and make calls ok - just want the voicemail working
    |||||||| too! Dialling 121 does nothing and when I call my VOIP number,
    |||||||| the voicemail doesn't kick in.
    ||||||
    |||||| I wonder what difference there is between using a softphone & your
    |||||| spa?
    ||||||
    |||||| Have you allowed for the 3 digit access code in your spa's
    |||||| dialplan?
    ||||||
    |||||
    |||||
    ||||| A bit of a novice to these weird dialplan's! :)
    |||||
    ||||| What would you suggest that I add to ensure that 121 would work on
    ||||| the SPA ?
    |||
    ||| What's your current dialplan?
    |||
    ||
    || This is the default (which I think needs changing for UK ??)
    ||
    || (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

    There's a long thread at www.voxilla.com in the Linksys/Sipura user forum
    all about crafting a dial plan.
    http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-619-sid-4fab063602694cb75554878181a57d37.html

    Start a new thread in u.t.voip, it's a while since I tinkered - I'm now
    using asterisk, so the sipura dialplan is redundant (or look through the
    voxilla stuff)
     
    Jono, Dec 29, 2005
    #15
  16. gumusluk

    Martyn Dewar Guest

    Ah, my apologies :)
     
    Martyn Dewar, Dec 30, 2005
    #16
  17. gumusluk

    Brian A Guest

    I have an SPA-3000 also. Whatever I do I can't get the voicemail to
    work. Yes I can call 121 OK but that reports 'no messages'. That is
    because it is impossible to leave them.
    If I call my line then, after ringing for 1 minute it just cuts off.
    I partly get it working by entering the following into
    Cfwd No Ans Dest: (under 'User 1' tab.
    v<vmid>@voicemail.voip.co.uk
    Where vmid is your voicemail number.
    Set
    Cfwd No Ans Delay:
    to the number of seconds before divert is to be effected.
    This does cause a divert to the voicemail system but, sadly, it is as
    much use as a chocolate teapot because the message I receive is:
    "I am sorry the mailbox configured has not been found."
    If anyone else has any tips of how to get the voicemail working then
    please post them.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
     
    Brian A, Dec 30, 2005
    #17
  18. gumusluk

    Tim Bray Guest

    As the length of UK numbers is not that easily predictable, I suggest
    you make the dial plan blank and press # at the end of the number you
    want to

    (.*) is another suggested one, but I can't remember why I decided that
    was good.

    I'm still waiting for a UK voip provider to reliably implement overlap
    dialling - that is where the ATA can try the call, and the network can
    return `number incomplete` while you dial some more digits.


    Tim
     
    Tim Bray, Jan 2, 2006
    #18
  19. gumusluk

    David Floyd Guest

    I'm in the same boat, using an SPA3000.

    Voicemail service behaves the same for me as for you, and also there is
    no outgoing CLI or me.

    It's a useless service for me as it stands. Theo has promised beta
    testing for me and some others, but nothing has happened.

    I paid a year up front, but as things stand I think I will have to ask
    for my money back and ditch the service as it doesn't provide the
    service as advertised.

    DF
     
    David Floyd, Jan 3, 2006
    #19
  20. gumusluk

    Brian A Guest

    I agree that 'Trading Standards' would not be happy with the
    situation. However I am happy with the pricing. I can put an answering
    machine on the line but, unfortunately that doesn't take care of
    divert to voicemail on busy. Besides the voip.co.uk voicemail, is
    very basic. I got it to work by disconnecting my ATA. I was able to
    leave a message then. Unfortunately once the message has been played
    it auto deletes - hence, if you wanted to repeat it you are out of
    luck.
    I have complained about the voicemail lots of times now and I really
    can't understand why they are not doing anything about it. It can't be
    so difficult to sort out. I haven't had any problems using the
    SPA-3000 with any other operator. voipfone voicemail, for example,
    operates very well. I am not confident that voip.co.uk will fix the
    voicemail anytime soon.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
     
    Brian A, Jan 3, 2006
    #20
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.