    Phil Guest

    Is anyone else having problems with VOIP Buster. I am getting a server error
    reported I'm using their software

    Phil, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Phil

    Phil Guest

    It connects now and I can make calls and here the other person but they
    can't here me, guess they must be having some problems

    Phil, Jun 30, 2005

  3. Phil

    Gary Guest

    Why are there so many problems with Voip? I bought a sipura 2000 and I am
    having all sorts of problems like you are having. Is it really worth all
    the hassle and the money?

    Gary

    Gary, Jun 30, 2005
  4. Phil

    T. Guest

    Yes - it all comes down to what VoIP provider you pick.

    People expect great things from paying nothing. It just doesn't work
    like that.

    T., Jun 30, 2005
  5. Phil

    Gary Guest

    What is the accepted minimum broadband speed in order to get good quality
    VoIP?

    What sort of speed is best for browsing and voIP at the same time?

    Is 512k acceptable, or do you need higher?

    Gary

    Gary, Jun 30, 2005
  6. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Gary wrote:

    [snip]
    It's not so much the download speed as the upload. The highest quality
    codec (G711a) uses 80k in *both* directions on a call, so if your upload
    speed is slow (some cable connections only have a 128k upload speed) then
    it can affect the call quality.

    I recommend you avoid heavy file downloading during calls, even so.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 30, 2005
  7. Phil

    GwG Guest

    I am on NTL and have 128k upload, this gives me no problems with VoIP.
    Before that, my upload speed on NTL was 56k, and this caused problems
    hearing the other party. Some broadband customers on the basic package with
    NTL will still be on 56k, unless they have done the latest speed upgrades,
    but some don't want to upgrade because they then might be capped at 3Gb per
    month.

    GwG, Jun 30, 2005
  8. Phil

    Phil Guest

    To be honest it's the first ptoblem I've had with VOIP Buster, but there
    again it's free for calling UK landlines and is still in Beta testing so
    it's fair enough. I use them because other VOIP companys are more expensive
    than just using 18866 with my landline so there isn't really any point in
    using them.

    Phil, Jun 30, 2005
  9. Phil

    T. Guest

    512K is more than enough.

    T., Jun 30, 2005
  10. Phil

    Martin² Guest

    T:
    Not necessarily while using the internet.
    I share my 1Mb/s connection with a partner in another building, via wifi.
    When I called the other party would often miss 2 or 3 seconds of what I was
    saying,
    making conversation difficult. I now have QoS equipped Draytek router set to
    reserve 70%
    of upload capacity for SIP traffic (if any) and it works much better.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jul 1, 2005
  11. Phil

    Gary Guest

    Is VoipBuster back yet? I tried registering with them last night, but no
    joy. Is it still down?

    Gary

    Gary, Jul 2, 2005
  12. Phil