    times it rings out from random mobile numbers 07XX, sometimes it shows
    unavail, and sometimes it calls out as 0646!

    Anyone else noticed such strange goings on?

    Sean, Apr 21, 2006

  2. Sean

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Probably dependant on how they route the call, what equipment/carriers
    they use.

    So it will vary based on time-of-day and destination number I expect.

    You get what you pay for.

    Paul Cupis, Apr 21, 2006

  3. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Yes you do :)

    Sean, Apr 21, 2006
  4. Sean

    J C Guest

    J C, Apr 22, 2006
  5. Sean

    J C Guest

    Therefore it's never worth shopping around amongst different brands (for
    instance) as the value of what you get will always be exactly price related.
    Or if you buy a few of one thing and get a price reduction, the actual value
    of the product (somehow) becomes less.

    J C, Apr 22, 2006
  6. Sean

    JC Guest

    There's usually a pretty good correlation between price/value/quality.
    They'll always be exceptions, brands that feel they can charge a
    premium and good products sold cheap as "loss leaders". Sometime the
    brand itself can add value as an indicator of consistent quality.
    In marketing terms it does. Getting a sale is usually the hardest (and
    most costly) part. A reduction of price on bulk purchase can often
    create a sale where one would not have occurred, therefor reducing the
    overall cost per unit to the seller. (Yes I think people who work in
    marketing must be a bit crazy as well...)

    Rgds
    Jonathan

    JC, Apr 22, 2006