VOIP Buster is a dead loss

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by BrianF, Jun 23, 2006.

  1. BrianF

    BrianF Guest

    So far no-one has responded to any of my postings on this subject so I ask
    my self if anyone in the NG is using VOIP Buster.

    Just to resume the situation:

    I run Win XP Pro, 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 and 512 MHz RAM

    I have been using this VOIP Buster for about 18 months and it has been
    working very well apart from some early difficulties with distortion and
    one-way communication. With various upgrades, those problems gradually
    disappeared and, over the last few months, all has been fine and either
    cheap or free.

    A couple of weeks ago, the upgrade to version 2.10 Build 336 came along and
    I immediately had trouble with the program shutting down shortly after
    connection. Since then, I have not had one successful contact. It is not the
    PC that is crashing - just the program exits and disconnects the call.

    Deleting the program, cleaning up the registry, downloading and reinstalling
    the program has achieved no change.

    I have left several requests via the 'feedback' link on their website, where
    they say they endeavour to give answers. No answers have been forthcoming. I
    have written to their payments e-mail link but got no response.

    Today, I decided to try giving them another 10 euros but that has also
    achieved nothing.

    I have no other problems with my PC and nothing shows up in the event logs
    of either VOIP Buster or Windows.

    Can anyone throw any light on this? It really would be appreciated.

    BrianF

    BrianF, Jun 23, 2006

  2. Thus spaketh BrianF:

    I used VoIP Buster when it cost ?1 to join up, and kept using it until they
    stopped the free UK calls, I then moved over to SIP Discount and VoIPStunt,
    I now just use VoIP Stunt, I used all their services through an ATA, but
    with VoIP Stunt I do occasionally use their software and that's been fine,
    will have a look at voipbuster.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 23, 2006

  3. Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:

    I now have 2.10 Build 336 running on my system, no problems so far.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 24, 2006
  4. BrianF

    BrianF Guest

    Thanks for your interest. I suppose it may suddenly (due to the update) be
    clashing with something else on my system but I would have expected that to
    show up in the event logs.

    BrianF

    BrianF, Jun 24, 2006
  5. Thus spaketh BrianF:
    Does seem strange, I can report that the program is still running here
    without any problem.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 24, 2006
  6. BrianF

    BrianF Guest

    At last, I have found the VOIP Buster forum and it seems that there are
    quite a few problems with this latest build, some are the same as mine but
    others also. Unfortunately, there seems to be a dearth of solutions. I
    suspect this version is buggy and throws up different problems dependent on
    the configuration.

    BrianF

    BrianF, Jun 24, 2006