    Any Ideas without spending a fortune?

    Thanks
    Mike

    TechGladiator, Jan 11, 2005

  2. I used a pair of Sipura SPA-3000s. They have one FXS and on FXO interface.
    You can use the FXO to connect the unit to the Partner system as an
    extension phone. You should be able to do the same thing on the Nortel unit
    (may require a special interface to handle a POTS device).

    The Sipura lets you configure connections using direct IP dialing, so you
    don't need a SIP server to make this work.

    Overall, these are great units for about $90 each.

    Good luck,
    Mike Schumann

    Mike Schumann, Jan 11, 2005

  3. TechGladiator

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    You can plug a Cisco ATA-186, available cheaply on eBay, into these phone
    systems as if it were a normal phone line. Then set up special rules to deal
    with that line on either end.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Jan 11, 2005
  4. That would not work well with the Avaya Partner system. A regular ATA
    device, with only FXS ports, would need to be connected to a CO line port on
    the partner. There's no good way on a partner system to transfer an
    incoming call to a CO line.

    The nice thing about the Sipura SPA-3000 is that it has an FXO port, so you
    can make it look like an extension to the partner system and transfer calls
    to it. Multitech also has VOIP gateways with FXO ports, but these typically
    sell for $400 vs. $90 for the Sipura.

    Mike Schumann

    Mike Schumann, Jan 11, 2005

  5. I think thats exactly what I was looking for. I will have to give them
    a try.. and I will rather spend $180 for trying than $800..
    Thanks again.

    Miguel

    TechGladiator, Jan 12, 2005