    doesnt answer or isnt on, it will automatically route it to a PSTN
    phone.

    Anyone have any experience with them?

    benn686, Sep 11, 2006

  2. benn686

    PhilT Guest

    that statement and the hotmail address suggest to me you are probably a
    spammer trying to promote some service. As you failed to provide a URL
    you must be new to this.

    Have a nice day.

    PhilT, Sep 11, 2006

  3. benn686

    Graham Guest

    I thought that at first, but looking at his previous posts, I don't there is
    any malicious intent.

    The OP might also look at http://www.sipgate.co.uk/ and
    http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/
    who also give free incomming geographic numbers.

    Graham, Sep 11, 2006
  4. benn686

    Graham Guest

    that statement and the hotmail address suggest to me you are probably a
    I thought that at first, but looking at his previous posts, I don't there is
    any malicious intent.

    The OP might also look at http://www.sipgate.co.uk/ and
    http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/
    who also give free incomming geographic numbers.

    Sorry if this appears twice, trouble with newsserver.

    Graham, Sep 11, 2006
  5. benn686

    Ivor Jones Guest

    IME when anyone starts a post with the words "I just came across this
    service" it's almost always a spammer or an affiliate link.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 11, 2006
  6. benn686

    Jono Guest

    It happens that Ivor Jones formulated :
    .....but without a link...?

    Anyway, assuming the OP had good intentions, and to add to Graham's
    comments, the OP could look at <http://www.voiptalk.org/reallyvoip> or
    <https://www.voiptalk.org/products/really_useful_signup.php> - free geo
    number and, at least when I signed up, a £2 call credit included.

    Jono, Sep 11, 2006
  7. benn686

    Ivor Jones Guest

    I did say spammer *or* affiliate link..! Wake up at the back <g>

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 12, 2006
  8. benn686

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    And when you come across a service or site you would like to let others know
    about / that you think others would find useful or might be interested in or
    appreciate being informed about... how do you start such a post?

    I understand what you are saying Ivor and often you would be right in your
    thoughts about such posts - but that doesn't make them all suspicious /
    illegitimate.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Sep 12, 2006
  9. benn686

    Ivor Jones Guest

    [snip]
    Think whether you really need to. If someone *asks* what would be a good
    service/system or whatever, then by all means reply, but I don't see that
    there is a need to post just to say "I think this is brilliant" - even if
    you think it's helping people, it could be regarded as
    advertising/spamming, rightly or wrongly.

    That's not to say that there are never times when something is worth
    shouting from the rooftops about, but IMHO it's rare.
    True, but unfortunately the legitimate ones have been tarred with the
    wrong brush.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 12, 2006
  10. benn686

    M.Dexter Guest

    And of course the grand Ayatollah Ivor WOULD immediately think it was
    spam seeing that he has a fettish about spam and spammers .

    M.Dexter, Sep 12, 2006
  11. benn686

    Ivor Jones Guest

    If I understood a word of that I might be able to formulate a reply.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 12, 2006
  12. benn686

    andy Guest

    I haven't used it myself, but have read about it on other forums, even
    ferrying comments from one to another. It appears that quite a few
    Americans use it for call forwarding to international SIM cards, as the
    UK rate is fairly good.

    However, it appears that nobody else here wants to actually discuss it,
    but just shoot down any product they've never heard of in the six
    months since it appeared. Why would a US company bother to spam a UK
    group, but with an enquiry rather than describe the product and its
    use?

    The usb stick idea appears to be catching on, at Babble and Vonage ...

    andy, Sep 14, 2006