    and it seems that VoicePulse has somewhat better reliability. Can
    someone share their opinion or experience with this service ? Also, is
    there a good site where I could do a VOIP provider reliability check ?

    Amamba, Sep 13, 2005

  2. Amamba

    Bob Alan Guest

    Until a short time ago I was not seeing many SR complaints. Then lately
    things seem to have really gotten bad. OTOH since their CEO put out a msg
    ack the problem and describing the fix it appears they might have a handle
    on it.

    I have the sense that some of the other smaller operations could get into
    the same problem of getting caught by fast traffic growth. A lot of the
    node equipment has the problem that the stuff works fine until it hits some
    level then it crashes.

    Hi,

    I've had Sunrocket since January and I am completely fed up with frequent
    outages. The situation seems to be deteriorating rather than improving.

    I am not ready to give up on VOIP just yet. I have done some research and it

    Bob Alan, Sep 13, 2005

  3. I've been happy with SunRocket. I know they had an outage last week,
    but I got noticed ten free Rewards points were added to my account. At
    least they are trying to make it up to their subscribers in one way or
    another.

    ukcats4218016, Sep 16, 2005
  4. Amamba

    adabristian Guest

    I have had sunrocket for a while now. With the exception of lsst week
    they have great service, with hardly any outages.

    I do know that they were upgrading last week. I really think that the
    service is good, and will probably have intermitten problems no
    matter who you sign up with.. Just the nature of the beast.....

    adabristian, Sep 18, 2005
  5. Amamba

    Amamba Guest

    This is the second major outage in a couple of months, and I have 20
    reward points by now, that I wish I could stuck up their collective
    behind. There were also numerous smaller outages since I got the
    service in January, too many to count. These are just the ones that
    I've noticed. There's no way to tell that you have no service until you
    try to place a call. Their service started poor when I signed up, then
    seemed to improve for a while, then took a sharp turn for the worse. I
    am 90% ready to switch, but I figured at least I'll give them another
    chance until the year I paid for expires, and then re-evaluate the
    situation. However, if there's just one more outage, I'll switch
    immediately. So far, the VoicePulse seems to be the best choice.

    Amamba, Sep 20, 2005
  6. Amamba

    info Guest

    info, Sep 20, 2005
  7. Amamba

    noone Guest

    Amamba, I've had VoicePulse for about 2 yrs now and I'd recommend
    them.

    The nice thing about them is that when I had issues, I could call
    their Cust. Srvce and talk to people that had a good grasp of their
    product.

    Zeng

    noone, Sep 21, 2005
  8. I totally agree with your sentiments. None of these VoIP companies are
    yet fool proof. SunRocket has been pretty good, and it's definitely
    cheaper than the others, especially given the features they offer.

    ukcats4218016, Sep 26, 2005
  9. Amamba

    Bob Alan Guest

    It may be fine compared to other voip's but when folks say it works fine I
    just wanted to clarify that it's not working fine compared to my POTS line.

    I agree it's a great deal 'cept that it doesn't work well enough for me to
    give up my POTS

    Bob Alan, Sep 28, 2005
  10. I kep my cellphone when I signed up with SunRocket, just in case. I
    know that having something as a backup is always a good idea.

    ukcats4218016, Sep 30, 2005