voice chat under win2k: voice pitch wrong, deep voice

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Sven Holm, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. Sven Holm

    Sven Holm Guest

    Hello!

    Tried google and forums in vain for this problem...

    My system: windows 2000, sp4, onboard via ac97 sound

    Why is it that each and every voice over ip program (voice chat,
    internet telephony), such as netmeeting, speakfreely, teamspeak etc.,
    doesn't work for me right under windows 2000?

    "Doesn't work" means:
    My own voice is heard by others as very, very slow, deep, roaring like a
    lion, while I hear the others all right.

    The same voice speed/pitch phenomenon happens when I just do a local
    loopback test!

    The problem only is under windows 2000, while at the same computer
    windows xp and Linux don't have this problem!

    Anyone else having had this problem under windows 2000? Could you solve
    it?

    I already had uninstalled all my sound drivers, audio codecs etc and
    reinstalled again, but the problem with my voice speed (pitch) didn't go
    away!

    Please, someone answer to this article, hopefully with a way
    to find a solution.

    Many thanks
    Sven

    Sven Holm, Sep 7, 2003