  1. Seems like Telstraclear users are going to get screwed with the move to
    Vodafone.

    No 60Gb option for Phone/Enternet, only if you have SKY..

    Frank Williams, Apr 5, 2013

  2. Frank Williams

    Dave Taylor Guest

    My co worker saved money with one phone call
    Yes they do and they love it and have T-Box and no extras

    I will call soon to see what triple play customers get.

    Finally, the cabled customers get something :) Gotta love the HFC LAN.

    Dave Taylor, Apr 5, 2013

  3. Go to the Vodafone web site as that is where the Info is, as that is
    what I did, in the past I have allway found the Vodafone web site a
    total loss, no help or FAQ's at all.

    No Cable 60Gb option for Phone/Internet, you have to have SKY
    included.

    That because all the Telstaclear links on Google are all dead now, just
    a dead Vodafone link..

    And trying to find any manuals or FAQ help was a total loss

    Frank Williams, Apr 5, 2013
  4. Frank Williams

    victor Guest

    60GB naked cable has got $10 cheaper

    http://www.vodafone.co.nz/internet/naked-bb/

    So just get a voip router or an ata and port your number to a voip provider.

    victor, Apr 5, 2013
  5. Frank Williams

    peterwn Guest

    The implications of this could be significant. If a short notice
    shutdown was announced Chorus may not be able to provide replacement
    facilities without augmenting cabinets or even having to install some
    more copper. Sky installers would be pretty busy too. Probably a
    political game here too noting that TelstraClear lobbied for deferral
    of UFB in its cable areas on the basis its cables provided a perfectly
    good broadband service and would like to retain its cable system until
    end of life (say 15-25 years away). Vodafone probably would not wish
    to spend anything on augmenting the present cable network (eg cabinet
    facilities and copper for phones and fibre augmentation for increasing
    internet capacity) so could possibly start winding down offerings for
    new customers.

    See:
    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=40&topicid=115651
    particularly johnr 's comment.

    A possible scenario (my 'take') would be the phasing out of cable as
    UFB is installed, especially if the cheaper overhead UFB option
    prevails. Vodafone would switch over its 'triple service' (phone/cable
    TV/ cable internet) cable customers to UFB assuming it offered a TV
    service via UFB.

    peterwn, Apr 5, 2013

  6. No I dont want a crap network..

    Frank Williams, Apr 6, 2013

  7. UFB is totally Dead here very high rip off costs and for to lower caps,
    NZ has the worse Internet service in the WW.

    So dream on..

    Frank Williams, Apr 6, 2013
  8. Frank Williams

    victor Guest

    With UFB xdsl has a short term future too. I have heard we will have
    fiber available by the time Vodafone stops selling cable

    victor, Apr 6, 2013
  9. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    No it is all about Ultra Fibre Broadband. Coming to you place at a slowish
    pace yes?

    Gordon, Apr 7, 2013