    Does anyone have a 64-bit VMWare Guest OS successfully running on an
    Intel-based notebook? If so, can you share what make and model your
    notebook is? Thanks!

    Neil W., Jan 21, 2007

  2. Neil W.

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I'm using an AMD machine, but it *should* work fine, the only 64-bit CPUs
    not capable of running a 64-bit guest in VMware are some of the early AMD
    ones. I think VMware even has a free utility available that tells you if
    your CPU will work. The biggest issue, I think, would be making sure you
    have plenty of RAM for both your host and guest to run simultaneously
    without choking.

    Ah, here it is.
    http://download3.vmware.com/software/wkst/VMware-guest64check-5.5.0-18463.exe
    I guess this doesn't help if you don't have the laptop yet. :p

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Jan 21, 2007

  3. Neil W.

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Aaron Kelley, Jan 21, 2007
  4. Neil W.

    Neil W. Guest

    Thanks - I know about the AMD machines, thats why I was specifically asking
    about the Intel-based machines.

    Neil W., Jan 22, 2007
  5. While I am not running a Core 2 Duo laptop I am running VMWare 6 beta on a
    C2D desktop with an XP Pro x64 guest.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 22, 2007