    Woody Guest

    Anyone having problems with news.virginmedia.com today? Seems
    extremely slow.

    Woody, Feb 3, 2015

  2. So is mine - South London.

    Peter

    Peter Andrews, Feb 3, 2015

  3. Woody

    Mr Pounder Guest

    Got rid of it ages ago as I kept being reported.
    Eternal-september has been 99.999999% spot on for me. Figure was estimated.

    Mr Pounder, Feb 3, 2015
  4. Woody

    eastender Guest

    Yes - it's slow today. Normally it's very good.

    E.

    eastender, Feb 3, 2015
  5. Woody

    Mr Guest Guest

    Woody wrote (apparently) in uk.telecom.broadband on Tue 03 Feb 2015 10:08:03:
    Comically slow here in Knaresborough still at this time. Subscribed via
    news.individual.net and it's instantaneous.

    Mr Guest, Feb 3, 2015
  6. Woody

    Woody Guest

    Yes, I normally use Eternal September which is also lightning fast,
    but it went down a few months ago and their web site was also off line
    so one does to assume the worst and I moved back to VM. I reinstated
    ES today and had forgotten just how fast it is.

    Couldn't do without by daily dose of Bill Wright could I?

    Woody, Feb 3, 2015
  7. Woody

    Mr Guest Guest

    Woody wrote (apparently) in uk.telecom.broadband on Tue 03 Feb 2015 23:54:44:
    Of course!

    There used to be a text newsserver somewhere at VM/ntl but suspect it's been
    discontinued a long time. As I have renewed my NIN subscription for two years
    and only read text groups anyway I shall resubscribe to those that were on VM
    via NIN and be done with it.

    Mr Guest, Feb 4, 2015
  8. Woody

    eastender Guest

    It's back to usual - a problem with Highwinds, the provider. It
    affected other services too.

    E.

    eastender, Feb 5, 2015