    to all servers (Port 1-8 in 8 different VLAN)

    Thanks in advance!

    Raymond

    Raymondo, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Raymondo

    Peter Guest

    Hi Raymond,
    I can see a couple of different ways to do this, 1 using multiple
    VLANS and trunking, and the other using "protected" ports -

    1. Place ports fa0/1 - fa0/8 into each VLAN and the Gig port into
    trunking mode, passing only those VLANS you want. This method requires
    the Firewall to be able to do trunking.

    2. Or my preference would be to place ports fa0/1 - fa0/8 into the
    same VLAN, but include "Port Protected" on each interface. Then
    configure the Gig port in the same VLAN for the firewall, but do NOT
    include "Port Protected on that interface. This only uses 1 VLAN, but
    provides the same isolation as multiple VLANs and it does not require
    trunking on the Firewall and port.

    "Port Protected ports can only talk to a port that is NOT protected,
    but is in the same VLAN. This method allows each protected port to
    ONLY talk to the (non-protected) Firewall port, while the Firewall can
    talk to any other port in the same VLAN. This does not require
    trunking on the Firewall, conserves VLANS, and is easier to
    configure. It is also very easy to just add a new (protected) port
    as/when its needed without adding new vlans to the trunk port as well.

    Cheers..........pk.

    Peter, Aug 4, 2004

  3. Raymondo

    Hansang Bae Guest

    What you're after is "switchport protected" Fa0/1 through fa0/8.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Aug 5, 2004