    Likes Received:
    0
    We are attempting to setup an additional VLAN between a 2950 and a 3550. There are 2 connections between the switches using the GI0/1 and 2 interfaces. One is set to Static Access on the current vlan and the other is set to Trunk Desirable for all other traffic. We need to add the additional VLAN using one of the existing links between the two switches. We have spare ports on both switches but have limited knowledge of configuration required. Not sure if further info is required but happy to provide.

    bradmclaren, Oct 10, 2006

  2. bradmclaren

    MG5085

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi bradmclaren,

    You will need to make any of the two connections between 2950 & 3550 as trunk port. You will need to write code on both the switches declaring which ports of the switches belongs to new VLAN. If possible have separate range of private IP addresses for new VLAN.

    I know its a vague idea, but you can use following link to learn how to do it:
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_5_4/config/vlans.htm
    You may find few more resources on the web to understand better. All the best.

    MG

    MG5085, Oct 23, 2006