    Microsoft Press will publish new books or not.
    Plz if you know tell me..because in this time i am studying visual studio
    2003.

    Guest, Apr 21, 2005

  2. Guest

    RAR Guest

    I dont think so, maybe when a new language comes out.. I think thats
    the reason mcsd got changed from C++ to C#, or ofcourse another
    platform .NET

    RAR, Apr 21, 2005

  3. Guest

    RockyH Guest

    Yes it will. There will be new exams based on .NET 2.0 and ASP.NET 2.0.
    The technologies used to work with the next generation of .NET chage the
    way you design and write applications. There are significant changes to
    C# as well most notably of which is the introduction of generics (think
    template classes).

    You now will commonly do stuff with Master pages which is a way to
    structure your application and change the way you approach things.
    You'll do more with User Controls than just whole aspx pages. You'll be
    able to send state (view state) information from one page to the next
    which will also change the way you think about session management.

    There are significant changes to the way things are done in the 2.x
    version of these things, the exams will change to cater for the new
    technology. I don't think they'll expire the certification in the same
    way they didn't expire the VS 6 version of the MCSD when the .NET one
    was introduced, but the exams will be different.

    RH

    RockyH, Apr 24, 2005
  4. Guest

    Mark Newby Guest

    how did you come to know all this interesting stuff? I'd very much
    appreciate some links to get an overview of forthcoming changes like
    these for .net2/vs2005.

    thanks,
    mark

    Mark Newby, Apr 27, 2005
  5. Hi Mark,

    The details about what's new in VS2005 are fairly well known
    (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/default.aspx, check the What's New
    section for each product).

    However, I haven't seen anything posted about new exams - even if there will
    be new exams at all, so I'm curious too about where Rocky got his
    information.

    Cindy Winegarden, May 3, 2005
  6. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    The details about what's new in VS2005 are fairly well known

    apparently not :)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, May 3, 2005