    rock solid. Seems to me not a radical difference between 2.0 and 1.xx other
    then maybe XAML.

    Also...when is VS 2005 scheduled for offical release?

    Guest, Jun 11, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    VS 2005 is officially to be released in the week of Nov 7th of this year.

    Earlier, VS2K5 was to be released in summer and therfore the MS guy in a
    webcast told me that the beta versions of the 2.0 exams would be released by
    the end of the year. Since VS2K5's official release is now in Nov, I would
    expect the betas for the exams to be out by Feb of next year. Also, there
    would be an upgrade path for existing MCAD/MCSD's (which makes all the more
    sense to do the exams now & go for the upgrade path rather than waiting for
    them to be released next year !)

    As for the difference between .Net 1.X and 2.0, while calling them radical
    would be a subjecitve thing, there are definitely some major changes - 60 new
    controls added in Asp.net, new features in C# - Generics, partial classes
    etc.

    Guest, Jun 12, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    As far as the release of 2.0, I was informed that the cert for 1.1 would be
    fathered into the 2.0 MCSD thus not to expire the 1.1 MCSD Cert status.

    Guest, Jun 13, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    To further add to my earlier posts on this subject, Iam quoting here ad
    verbum, the email I received from a MS contact.

    "MSL is committed to our existing MCAD/MCSD's. An upgrade path will be
    provided into the new .NET 2.0/Visual Studio 2005 certifications that takes
    into account the skills MCAD/MCSD's have already proved. We recommend you
    continue to work toward the currently existing credentials; these will serve
    you well when Visual Studio 2005 comes out."

    Guest, Jun 13, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks that is good news about the upgrade option. I will be looking for work
    around jan of next year so my current MCAD status should get me in the door
    but unless a company offers me time to study I will not be able to upgrade
    until mid 2006 (going to college part time at that point) but it still seems
    pretty rock solid good news.

    Guest, Jun 13, 2005