    Can someone explain this.

    Thanks in advance.

    -J

    Jyothirmai, Nov 9, 2005

  2. Jyothirmai

    0xception Guest

    Yeah there is a very good electronic voting machine that implements
    visual cryptography....
    see PDF: http://www.voterverifiable.com/article.pdf

    This doesn't actually authenticate the user but it shows a good
    implementation... this is secure because even if you send the image
    across the wire it is only half of of the image. you need the other
    half to understand it.

    look into xor encryption for more information on the security of that..
    it's basically just a visual xor encryption

    0xception, Nov 9, 2005

  3. Jyothirmai <> wrote:

    > I have read in "Visual Cryptography", how an image can be
    > reconstructed "visually" by superimposing two shares. But I have not
    > understood how this can help in authenticating a user?

    It authenticates the user as "the person who has the other part of the
    picture".

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    Linux: The smack in the face that Windows gripers have been begging for
    these past 10 years...

    Juergen Nieveler, Nov 9, 2005