    sites I can find what it works and does for programming? Any ideas of
    programs I might create from Visual basic? Please help me.
    Thanks

    Daniel Patrick, Sep 22, 2005

  2. Daniel Patrick

    Brian G Guest

    Daniel,

    If you type Visual Basic into Google, you will find that there are **
    23,700,000 English ** 'hits' that should give you all the information that
    you require.

    These can be refined by using the Advanced settings in Google.

    Brian G

    Brian G, Sep 22, 2005

  3. Daniel Patrick

    M Guest

    M, Sep 22, 2005
  4. Daniel Patrick

    Aquanaut Guest

    A good place to start
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/

    Aquanaut, Sep 23, 2005
  5. It'll do a lot of shit. Probably excels at database front end stuff. A
    lot of it is dragging and dropping stuff, filling in blanks. Only minor
    amounts of code needed for simple programs. You can just about use it
    without reading any instructions. If you get really good at it (I
    haven't) you can write some pretty amazing programs. But don't expect to
    write the next Grand Theft Auto game with it. As someone else suggested,
    there's giga-tons of info on it from Google, even more if you look
    through Google Groups.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 23, 2005
  6. Daniel Patrick

    Duane Arnold Guest

    At the Visual Basic 6 version, VB became a very powerful language that
    can be used for a wide range of enterprise business solutions.

    I suggest that you look at an author named Rockford Lhotka who wrote the
    Professional Visual Basic 6 Business Objects and Visual Basic 6
    Distributed Objects books and look into reading and putting together the
    projects in those books that will show you the power of VB 6.

    Rocky also has a book out called Expert One-on-One Visual Basic .NET
    Business Objects where there is a project there too you can put together
    that will show you the power of using VB .NET objects for powerful
    Windows Desktop business applications using IIS as a portal and also
    using those same VB .NET Objects in an ASP.NET application using VB.NET.

    You mae be able to get the books at the public library.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Sep 23, 2005