    a Vista x64 Business NFR media without a PIK.

    Can I install the 64 bit media in place of the original 32 bit, and use its
    key?

    Dave Harry, Apr 22, 2008

  2. IANAL, but the way I read the OEM license is no, you can not. The OEM
    license is specific to version. Also, just to be clear, the NFR media is
    probably NOT the same media as the OEM, and would use a different key
    anyway.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 22, 2008

  3. No, the key will not work. In any case, the media should be a standard
    retail x64 dvd. A product key that came with it would be the NFR item. How
    is it that you got the media without a PK? Perhaps it was a distribution of
    SP1 integrated dvd's that was the point. In that case, the distribution
    probably assumed that you already had Vista x64 rtm copies and so had PKs.

    Colin Barnhorst, Apr 22, 2008