    I am wondering is there a difference between windows vista and vista ultimate 64 bit .Reason i need to know this is will my portable hard drive 250 gb which works on vista .but will it work on vista ultimate 64 bit .
    any help appreciated
    thanks

    miker, Aug 23, 2008

  2. miker

    AJR Guest

    Yes - there is a difference - to install the 64 bit version requires the processor and chipset to be 64 bit compatible.
    Hi

    AJR, Aug 24, 2008

  3. miker

    miker Guest

    Thanks ajr
    I am wondering though if the processor is ok etc will my hard drive work on this platform.
    will i need a 64 bit driver to support this portable hard drive.Just wondering if there would be a problem with my hardware with this system.ie drivers or would everything be backwards compatible.
    thanks

    miker, Aug 24, 2008
  4. miker

    AJR Guest

    You will not have problms with HD compatibility , however applications may have compatibility issues since 64 bit versions require signed/certified drivers. A 64 bit installation will track 32 bit and 64 bit applications separately.

    AJR, Aug 25, 2008
  5. miker

    miker Guest

    Thanks alot for your answer .
    I actually contacted the hard drive manufacturer and they said it would be fine also.

    miker, Aug 27, 2008
  6. Ricardo Parraga, Oct 1, 2008