Vista still sucks

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by kpg, Jun 8, 2007.

  1. kpg

    Thor Guest

    <content type="alignment_with_caller" length="0"></content>

    Office and sharepoint seems more mature to me.
    In my opinion Vista is in version 1.0 in many ways.
    Patches are a good thing.
    RTM is not the equivalent of ready for anyone.
    The truth is seldom true and never absolute.
    Cool things dropped from Vista are many.
    Vista hangs from time to time.
    I don't trust the device drivers very much.
    Vista is good for training companies.
    Late builds were not so good. Many things must have been fixed in the last
    min.
    Architect is fantastic, but some things are unfinished: How do you set the
    right amount of UAC for your organisation?

    I've worked extensively with Vista and your reality is different from mine.
    But then again I'm not the average user. Universal truths are dangerous.
    53

    Thor, Jun 12, 2007

  2. No need for xNews, Vista includes Windows Mail. :)

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 12, 2007

  3. Not true. Microsoft BOB Shipped ready with no complaints at all. Long live
    Clippy...

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 12, 2007
  4. Well I for one, having used Vista for 2 years now think its ready. And all
    the poser admins out there that are too chicken to load it up should just
    nut up and get it deployed.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 12, 2007
  5. kpg

    Briscobar Guest

    Whether you're joking or not, I agree. We've tentatively scheduled our
    rollout for mid-late December, regardless of what patches and SPs are
    released before then. I've used Vista for about a year now in a testing
    environment, and only one of our critical apps doesn't work. However, it was
    written in-house, so it can be changed basically at will. My lapdog has
    Vista on it, and for the first 2 months (I installed in late December), it
    was miserable, since drivers were nowhere to be found and certain apps
    stopped working. However, that's all been resolved now. And on top of that,
    how is that even MS's fault? Boo hoo, your super-duper nvidia card doesn't
    work. MS doesn't make video cards, so shut up. Your apps don't work? Again,
    it's because Vista is a pile of dung, not that your apps are now "legacy",
    right? Get on the manufacturer's, not MS. I've found Vista not only ready,
    but quite stable as well.

    And I'm not MS fanboy, either. Vista works and it works well. If it doesn't
    for you, it's probably because YOU'RE not ready for Vista, not that Vista
    isn't ready for production.

    Briscobar, Jun 12, 2007
  6. I was joking and I wasn't at the same time. You know me.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 12, 2007
  7. kpg

    catwalker63 Guest

    The Rev [MCT] piffled away vaguely:
    I remember one reviewer complained it was too friendly. She said she
    was suspicious of any computer she didn't have a mildly hostile
    relati.onship with.

    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Jun 12, 2007
  8. kpg

    JaR Guest

    Yes, I know. That's why I went back to XNews & Thunderbird ;-)

    JaR, Jun 12, 2007
  9. kpg

    Briscobar Guest

    Here's this conversation again....I will say this though, Windows Mail is
    exactly like OE, except it's worse in every imaginable way.

    Briscobar, Jun 12, 2007
  10. kpg

    JaR Guest

    Right.

    It's my fault after all.

    My apps need to be re-written because Bill wants me to buy his new whiz-
    bang bloatware OS? I can't run stuff that works fine on XP, so *I* need to
    nut it up and deploy it anyway? What ever happened to backwards
    compatibility? Jeez, half the hardware in this place won't even RUN Vista!

    I mean, yeah, Vista is kewl and all that, but I have enough to do around
    this pit of hades without breeding alligators too.

    Fsck that.

    JaR, Jun 12, 2007
  11. kpg

    JaR Guest

    Exactly.

    JaR, Jun 12, 2007
  12. kpg

    FrisbeeĀ® Guest

    That is unpossible.

    FrisbeeĀ®, Jun 12, 2007
  13. It has a spam filter and calendar sharing option. :)

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 12, 2007
  14. LOL. Nice!

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], Jun 12, 2007
  15. What's wrong with it exactly?

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], Jun 12, 2007
  16. Amen brother. Isn't it amazing the crap we get use to and put up with
    day in and day out. Kind of like marriage :)

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], Jun 12, 2007
  17. kpg

    catwalker63 Guest

    JaR piffled away vaguely:
    I like XPN and Thunderbird. On FC6. Running Gnome.

    *Plugs Ears* La la la la la la la la!

    catwalker63, Jun 13, 2007
  18. kpg

    Jtyc Guest

    Office and sharepoint seems more mature to me.

    heh... hahhah... lol...

    If you only knew.

    Jtyc, Jun 13, 2007
  19. kpg

    Jtyc Guest

    You guys are posers man... Vista is fine.

    I can still play StarCraft without any issues.

    Jtyc, Jun 13, 2007
  20. Any really, that is all that matters! :)

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], Jun 13, 2007