    saver set where else do I need to look there are no error messages in the
    logs? am I even looking in the correct place? Thanks to a great
    group, but I could use some direction.

    Matt Schneyer, Oct 7, 2006

  2. It sounds very much like it is going to "sleep", something Vista wants to do
    much more aggressively than XP did. Does it actually reboot, or simple
    shutdown into sleep and then ultimately into hibernate mode?

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 7, 2006

  3. thanks for the reply it reboots from xp 32 or 64 I also
    loose the drive. downloading RC 2 of vista it is going on a different drive
    to try and solve problem, I did set drive not to shut down, not to go to
    sleep etc. think there is a fast write error but no details.

    Matt Schneyer, Oct 7, 2006
  4. if it does this from either version of XP, we're looking for a hardware
    problem.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 8, 2006
  5. Just installed RC2 same drive there is no problem? I thought I was
    looking for a hardware problem also. Been installed since yesterday no
    reboot on its own. Not sure what happened but sometimes it is better to be
    lucky than good. Thanks. Problem now is finding and installing driver NVIDIA
    quarto 750 xgl I think can't get past VGA driver.

    Matt Schneyer, Oct 8, 2006
  6. Matt Schneyer

    Injun-ear Guest

    What product key did you use for RC2? Can I use the one from BETA 2?

    Injun-ear, Oct 10, 2006
  7. Yes, use the same product key.

    Colin Barnhorst, Oct 10, 2006