    capability away and if I close the internet connection on VISTA, speed
    returns, so something wrong within Vista setup somewhere, I think. Any help
    appreciated.

    Galen, Oct 21, 2008

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 21, 2008

  3. Galen

    Galen Guest

    Hi Jack:
    I downlaoded and saved the file that TCPView showed when I was not
    connected. I saw no connections that were based from my niece's laptop
    machine recorded here.

    Galen, Oct 21, 2008
  4. Hi
    TCPView has be installed and run on the Vista computer. If it does not
    indicate that the computer's TCP/IP generate None stop traffic than it is
    Not Stealing bandwidth, but something else that causes this problem. It
    might be a Router issue. Some old Routers are Not full compatible with
    Vista. Check the support site of the Router to see if there is any
    mentioning of the issue there.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 23, 2008
  5. Galen

    jonathan446

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    I don’t that the problem is with the router not being vista compatible because wireless connection is a standard to all computer without looking at the OS one thing I will recommend you to is to check the capability of you wireless router maybe it is not fast enough to host many wireless connections

    jonathan446, Oct 24, 2008