    Guest Guest

    SOMEONE HELP! Whether because of a new update or change to a new monitor (LG
    L226WA Analogue) yesterday , my system clock travels back in time at each
    reboot to May 6th, 2006 at 12:06 AM. And, as of this morning, Microsoft
    Outlook has gone my-core-soft and decided to to set me alarms for a buch of
    e-mails; yet, no matter how many times I dismiss them all, they bounce right
    back up again. Luckily, I discovered that all will go away for a longer while
    when I close the file from the bottom bar.

    If any cybernaut knows how to deal with this cybernaughtiness, I'll be much
    obliged.

    Guest, Jul 15, 2007

  2. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Time is maintained on your MOBO so as to the time, you have a problem there.
    I would replace the battery, and do a reset on the MOBO then see what
    problems you have left.

    John Barnes, Jul 15, 2007

  3. Unless MS gave up on the design, I think there are actually two clocks - the
    hardware clock that runs off the CMOS, and the software clock that is
    maintained by the OS. I have no idea if this is important, but the OS part
    may have been corrupted somehow since that is responsible for updating the
    time-display you see on screen. The design is peculiar, but was incorporated
    because of differences in the way seconds are calculated, I believe - plus
    the two clocks have a different date of origin.

    The software clock is set at boot-time, reading the hardware clock, so
    replacing the battery, I agree, would be a natural starting point.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 15, 2007