vista free upgrades are shipping

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by - Bobb -, Mar 18, 2007.

  1. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Bought a laptop in nov with free Vista upgrade and got this email today:
    ( I'm not going to use it until SP1 is released )

    *****************

    Thank you for submitting your order for Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit OEM.

    Your order has been shipped. You should receive your order within 1 week.
    Upon arrival of your kit please review the instructions and preparation steps
    you will need to complete before you begin your upgrade process.

    For your convenience HP has created Windows Vista Express Upgrade checklists
    available on the HP website at www.hp.com/go/windowsvistaupgrade. It is strongly
    recommended that you review the checklist and begin preparation steps. We have
    included an HP Driver DVD for most models to help walk you through the
    preparation steps and install. If you should require assistance with any of the
    preparation or installation steps, please visit the Express Upgrade website at
    www.hp.com/go/windowsvistaupgrade ....

    Looks promising

    - Bobb -, Mar 18, 2007

  2. I would not recommend it. I beta tested it simply out of curiosity, and I
    found it to be rather dull, as well as unstable. There isn't any real
    point to upgrading from XP, if you're going to choose to compute with
    Windows.

    - Mike

    Michael B. Trausch, Mar 19, 2007

  3. I wouldnt touch Vista with anyones computer. Even more fisherprice look,
    even more security holes, Takes 1 gig of ram JUST TO RUN THE OS!!! pretty
    pathetic. I will stick with my Nix, xbp pro, and 2k.

    Insane Firewall, Mar 29, 2007