    Vista to connect to the internet through ad hoc connection*.
    What can be done in this situation? Should I make a laptop with Vista a
    master in my network? I would appreciate your help.

    Guest, Sep 16, 2007

  2. Hi
    To share the Internet you need a software Router too.
    Instructions here, http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/
    As far as File sharing goes.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120

    In general Ad-Hoc configuration is Not safe (it usually allows only WEP
    encryption), and rather "Quirky".
    It is much better getting a Wireless Cable/DSL Router configuring a regular
    Infrastructure Wireless network.
    Like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 16, 2007