    --
    Denise

    ~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

    Guest, Jul 28, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I couldn't bother to read your book about me.

    STAY ON TOPIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Guest, Jul 28, 2007

  3. Guest

    XS11E Guest

    I have read the thread, I've nothing new to say, just the same old
    "quit blaming others for your mistakes."
    I'm replying to you because you're the one who rudely hijacked the
    thread with your whine, OK? Maybe you could stay on topic?

    XS11E, Jul 28, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    This thread has nothing to do with blaming others for anything. The author
    asked for an opinion and I gave my opinion. I guess you decided to play with
    words and called it something different but I on topic. I hijacked this
    topic . . . hmmmmm . . . that's an original point of view. I wonder if
    you'd say the same thing if I had writen rave reviews about both XP Pro and
    Vista. No, I don't have to wonder . . . I know you wouldn't. You're just
    another person who won't answer the author's quetion and finds it easier to
    insult me than face and tell the truth with facts to back up your statements.

    Guest, Jul 29, 2007
  5. Guest

    llutta Guest

    Man, you must be the most unlucky person I have ever heard of. Windows
    XP X64 is much more stable and much faster than Windows XP 32 bit. I
    have been running it for over 2 years and the only problem I had was the
    onboard realtek sound system never would work. I finally installed a
    Creative SB X-FI sound card and the drivers have been great. I have
    working wireless joy stick, working Maxtor 1-touch, IE 6 and IE 7 both
    32 and 64 work perfectly. Netscape 7.2 works fine. All Office sweep both
    2003 and 2007 work fine. the only games that don't work are the ones
    with 16 bit indtallers and most of them won't work on XP 32bit either. I
    use Avast works great I get updated definitions regularly. i can burn
    CDs and DVDs with both Roxio and Nero. Winzip, WinRAR, WinAmp all work
    just fine. ASUS A8N5X, AMD 4400+ X2 2GB ram ATI X600 allinwonder.
    Westerndigital 10,000 rpm hdd, Pioneer DVD-RW DVD109. I have had none of
    the compatability issues you seem to have and I never shut down my PC
    unless a software install or hardware install. I am sorry you have so
    much trouble. Maybe you should have someone build you a PC that will
    work right.

    llutta, Aug 3, 2007
  6. Guest

    llutta Guest

    Which version of Acrobat are you running both 7.08 and 8.0 work fine on X64

    llutta, Aug 3, 2007
  7. Guest

    llutta Guest

    I don't mean to be nt-picky but what are you referring to when you
    continue to list "2000 XP Pro"? This isn't even a valid OS name it is
    either Windows 2000 Pro or Windows XP Pro

    llutta, Aug 3, 2007
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm in the same boat. However for the record, i find XP Pro 64-bot not only
    stable and fast, but runs jst about everything on my new Dell XPS 410 core2
    Duo. so can we resurect this question especially from the MVP's (luvd much of
    ur answers Charlie). my queston, like Royston, is since thery're gonna
    'discontinue' support for XP in Jan 2008 (although i don't know if that's
    gonna be the situation for the 64-bit version), might it be betta to jst buy
    Win Vista Business 64-bit or will we be able to use our XP Pro 64-bit for
    some time?

    thanks
    shiva d

    Guest, Sep 3, 2007
  9. Resurrecting the thread - O.K. but there's not much in the subject to
    resurrect. The question refers to the downloadable Trial version which has a
    lifetime of 120 days from Install. Once you actually buy and install a
    Release version, it will have support over a lifetime of at least until
    2014, I think. The trouble with drivers will not go away however, for some
    the Vista drivers MAY be working, for other's I'm affraid it will remain
    forgotten.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 3, 2007
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks Tony,

    aye. i have bought the trial and i'm at the eval time. i'd like to go into
    WV Bux 64-bit jst to keep forward momentum. But it seems that idea would be
    to big a 'step backward' compared to keeping W XP Pro 64-bit. Works fine for
    me! even programs some manufacuterer's said wouldn't run it does! had a 'few'
    probs w/ the drivers, but mostly it was about getting used to 'explicit'
    instructions. well, looks like a new OEM sale of XP 64-bit's gonna be my
    path, thanks!

    shiva d

    Guest, Sep 3, 2007
  11. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Let me begin by saying that reading this thread has been very entertaining,
    and I think Denise may be my ex-wife.

    While I am by no means an expert, I have enjoyed building my own systems
    since the days of Windows 1.1 when I proclaimed, “What a piece of garbage,
    why would I buy stock in that company?â€

    One hundred eighty-one days ago I built this system which hums quietly in
    its Antec Sonata II case:
    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe mobo
    Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz Socket AM2
    4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 675
    EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1

    I have been running these programs, and several others, with absolutely no
    problem:
    Acrobat 7
    Photoshop CS3
    Adobe Premiere
    MS Office 2003
    Avast!
    Firefox
    Safari for Windows
    Quicken

    XP Pro x64 has proven to be fast, stable and reliable. Last night I
    installed a purchased OEM version to replace the trial version. My only
    complaint is that MS could have made the adoption process easier, but then
    again it might have been easier if I had upgraded before the trial expired.

    Guest, Oct 17, 2007
  12. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have acer cop caming with vista . Iwanet do format and instll win xp .but
    sad canot instlled win xp
    how can do it .thinks
    haman

    Guest, Nov 11, 2007
  13. Guest

    Theo Guest

    Can you clarify what "acer cop caming" is, or means?

    Theo, Nov 11, 2007
  14. Guest

    Pattypp Guest

    I agree! I loaded XP Pro X64, and ran it for maybe half a day before i
    scrapped the whole thing, and went back to XP32. I read everyone elses post
    here, and please don't think i'm some sort of rockie here. I have been
    operating computers since the days of connecting to the internet was done
    with placing my phone in a cup LOL. I have had every OS there was in the
    past, and the pro64 is by far the worst i have ever used. With vista falling
    in second place of the worst.

    I have Xp pro 32 now, and one of the best OS so far. I'm not here to promote
    anything, i'm here to say Denise is right, the 64 is slow, and clumbersom.
    iexplore was a joke in 64, and coping files was boring to say the least. I
    was happy to be rid of the pro64, and it only took me half a day to realize
    it was scrap.

    I had to wonder why anyone would brag about having a OS that they had to run
    out and buy a bunch of hardware to make it work right. Seems sort of silly to
    me. Plus have to make setting everyday, even more silly.

    Vista for the price is one of Microsofts biggest rip offs. And in my opinion
    they should be ashamed for ripping off people. Denise if you are still
    thinking about vista please keep your XP. It doesn't matter to me what anyone
    says, i know xp64 is junk, and vista is right behind it. Just a small point
    proven about vista, if you load vista have fun setting up a router office or
    home network LOL. Denise take care, and stick to what works for you. Patty...

    Pattypp, Jul 21, 2008

  15. XP Pro x64 was far and away the fastest and most responsive Windows I ever
    used so I'm not sure why it was slow for you unless perhaps the mobo drivers
    weren't right or you had unintentionally obtained mismatched ram add ons (it
    is easy to get the latencies wrong). I only had trouble in finding drivers
    the first year but I never had issues with software not running right. As
    with any new OS there were issues getting AV and content creation software
    for 64bits the first few months.

    XP Pro x64 was introduced as a workstation OS for users who needed more
    memory than 32bits can support. It was never an upgrade or improvement for
    anything. It was an alternative OS for users needing power for content
    creation, CAD, and such.

    XP Pro x64 never was a retail offering. It was intended to be preinstalled
    on a new computer so that the system builder would supply all 64bit devices
    and drivers. It has never been a consumer offering.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 21, 2008
  16. Guest

    Graystar Guest

    Good thing too. Fewer effective attacks that way.
    I Luv it.
    I've been running an ASUS A8Vdeluxe with an AMD 64x 3K+ and an AIW 9600.
    Admittedly I am a power user but I don't run many games <I run D3 & a few
    others but that's about it>
    XP64 pro x64 is running with a mirror drive and it's been the most stable OS
    I've run from MS.
    Recovers nicely and aside from frequent ATI <goofy & flawed> updates, the OS
    has performed flawlessly.

    It does have a learning curve, however.
    Ya gotta get the right drivers and know when to diag correctly when
    something goes wrong.
    Most of the time some update occurs and requires updating something else. A
    cascade.
    So then Java, or video drivers, or one of MS's web support updates for
    browsing, or <the most ignored> Bios updates, or a bad MB battery etc etc.
    If someone ever comes out with a new game like D3, I'm there. Otherwise I
    think most of the new games suck.
    I like AI and think it should be developed more. I'm not thrilled at all
    with groupthink & online gaming. It has it's place, it just isn't my pref.
    So anyone who doesn't like there x64, sell it to someone out there who wants
    a stable system, or dig in and learn.
    It's too good to throw out, imo.
    YMMV depending on what you run.

    Graystar, Jul 22, 2008
  17. Guest

    Josh Guest

    This topic was by far the most entertaining topic I've ever read online.
    Everyone but this "Denise" character seems to know what they're talking
    about. I'm replying almost 10 months after the last post, and 64bit vista is
    now retail. 64bit vista is a hell of a lot more compatible than 64bit vista
    ever dreamt of. There has only been one program I've found that I can't use
    in 64bit vista. Thank you Denise for giving me enough material to waste 2
    hours of my work day!

    Josh, Aug 14, 2008
  18. Guest

    Puteh Guest

    Wow what a relief after reading all the replies in this thread. Anyway allow
    me to into myself...It has been almost two years of using this rig...just a
    silly AMD Sempron 64-Bit...blah..2...only managed to realized that it was a
    64-Bit enabed proc.

    So in high anxiety I decided to format it with XP Pro x64 and have done
    that...I mean reformatting it for over 4 times for the past two weeks with
    the same OS...crazy rite ?

    Anyway after a lot googling around I managed to find the right sofware and
    drivers searching for the very latest ones to date...I find that so far the
    OS is stable and more respnsive than the previous OS XP-Pro SP2 +
    AutoPatched...

    To date all drivers have been installed and managed to get all the
    neccessary softwares and applications required for just gaming, daily work &
    internet surfing etc.

    I probaly might stick to it until Vista 64-Bit is stable enough for the next
    one year or so.....

    By the way I am also shocked to find out too that my JetWay mobo can support
    up to 8GB.....I dunno whether this is a bug or what coz I have checked via
    SandraSoft..it really support up to 8GB...I wonder whether in the world 4GB
    DDR1 sticks exists as I have only two slots on-board....

    Puteh, Aug 21, 2008
  19. You may want to forget about 4GB sticks unless you're going
    to do some heavy computing. Pricewatch has 4GB ECC
    Registered sticks for $190.00 each which are really intended
    for servers.

    Otherwise 2 x 2GB should be adequate for most applications.

    Bobby Johnson, Aug 21, 2008
  20. Guest

    elappala Guest

    elappala, Sep 26, 2008