    "privatenews" (MSDN) for Vista?

    Many thanks

    Richard Topf

    topf, Aug 5, 2005

  2. The x64 (64-bit) build of Windows Vista (TM) Beta 1 should in general
    install to system equipped with either AMD64/Opteron processors or Intel
    Pentium IV/Xeon with EM64T processors.
    However other hardware components may effect compatibility.
    The x64 build cannot be installed on Intel Itanium II systems as what is
    referred to as IA-64 architecture, and we are not doing any Windows client
    operating systems for that CPU but we do build Server opertaing systems for
    it.

    No, this is the right place as are the microsoft.public.developer.winfx.*
    groups for MSDN users.
    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Aug 5, 2005

  3. topf

    topf Guest

    Mike

    Many thanks for the clarifications. As the Vista install blue-screens well
    before the usual F6 option for drivers, is there any way of pinning down the
    problem hardware on the Opteron? I have the most recent Phoenix BIOS.

    Thanks

    Richard

    topf, Aug 5, 2005
  4. If you had the full details on the blue screen then you may be able to
    narrow it down somewhat.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike