    I would like to inform you about important information regarding your
    email address. This email address will be expiring.
    Please read attachment for details.

    Kenny, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Kenny

    Danny Guest

    DONT!!! upen that email!!!!!
    my ISP warned me several times about that email traveling about.
    if you have already opened the attachment, then the virus has hit.
    hope this message reaches you in time.

    Regards

    Daniel

    Danny, Aug 8, 2003

  3. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Scanned attachment again after updating Norton and it's infected with
    [email protected] virus.

    Kenny, Aug 8, 2003
  4. Kenny

    TEQ Guest

    No Shit?!!

    TEQ, Aug 9, 2003
  5. Kenny

    DC Guest

    [snip]

    This has been in the news for almost a week. But thanks, just the same.

    DC, Aug 9, 2003
  6. David H. Lipman, Aug 9, 2003
  7. Kenny

    Computer Guy Guest

    Hello,
    Go to http://securityresponse.symantec.com/ and download the fix for it.
    This thing is mean
    and nasty. Get it off your system ASAP. There are complete instructions at
    Symantec.
    DC

    Computer Guy, Aug 9, 2003
  8. SBCGlobal sent out an email warning about this one. That is the first email
    I've received from them about a virus in the 9 months I've had their
    service.

    Gary G. Taylor, Aug 9, 2003
  9. Kenny

    Plato Guest

    Please explain in _extreme_ detail why you would even bother to try to
    acquire a new virus by opening up such an obvious nasty??????

    Plato, Aug 9, 2003
  10. Why not just use common sense and not open attachments, unless you know what
    it is and who sent it to you?

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Aug 9, 2003
  11. Kenny

    Ed Guest

    No adventure for some folks I suppose. ;p
    Ed

    Ed, Aug 9, 2003
  12. Kenny

    spqr Guest

    <snip>
    Snigger. Point this bloke to a parked car and tell him to chase it.

    spqr, Aug 9, 2003
  13. That should have been "and I subscribe to a totally different ISP".

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 9, 2003
  14. Kenny

    Scott Hunter Guest

    Who'd be stupid enough to open attachments from Joe Blow anyway? I just
    bounce the message and hit delete.

    Scott Hunter, Aug 9, 2003
  15. It wasn't from Joe Blow, it had the appearance of being from his ISP,
    just as it was in my case. I also scanned the file for a virus when I
    received it and found none, but I like to wait a week or so before I
    believe that there is truly no virus, long enough for several
    signature file updates.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 9, 2003
  16. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    I wasn't so stupid as to open it. Although Norton said it was clean I was
    suspicious as well as curious,did some research on it and discovered it was
    a new virus. That is why I posted the warning to a number of groups as well
    as to friends advising them not to open it and to update their anti-virus
    program.

    Kenny, Aug 9, 2003