    I think one of the viruses is a virus that stops the download of anti virus
    so I am frigged.
    How do I get an anti virus on the laptop so I can remove the viruses.

    brenda, Oct 15, 2007

  2. brenda

    sachin.gangz Guest

    You will also need an anti spy ware program.
    Run both

    sachin.gangz, Oct 15, 2007

  3. brenda

    james Guest

    Do you have someone that can download an antivirus program for you to disk,
    and then install it on your sons laptop?
    Jim

    james, Oct 15, 2007
  4. You apparently did the online Kaspersky scan. If you download the 30 day
    trial version of Kaspersky, it'll clean things up. And if the virus was
    one that stops the downloading of antivirus, how did you do the online scan?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 15, 2007
  5. brenda

    Leythos Guest

    (Download Multi-AV, install it on your computer, update it, burn the
    folder to a CD and then copy it to your son's computer and run it in
    safe mode).

    AVG is the least protective AV software I have experience with - switch
    to one of the better versions.

    Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    place to download their application.

    No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
    requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
    directly from the vendors.

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
    ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
    of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
    them to properly clean your system.

    First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

    These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools, in
    order that I would use them myself:

    Dave Lipman's tools:
    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --
    http://www.pctipp.ch/ds/28400/28470/Multi_AV.exe

    AdAwareSE can be found here:
    http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

    SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like pcbutts1 that
    create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a look
    at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
    http://forums.speedguide.net/archive/index.php/t-223485.html all exposed
    'exposed to kids'.

    Leythos, Oct 15, 2007
  6. brenda

    brenda Guest

    It allows a scan but will not clean
    scan?

    brenda, Oct 15, 2007
  7. The 30 day trial period will.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 15, 2007
  8. brenda

    Tony Guest

    Anti virus will slow your son's computer down. Just tell him not to ever use any
    of that stuff. As long as his arse isn't capped like the suckers up in CanaDUH
    then there's nothing to worry about you can't lose your house because he
    downloads and uploads too many gigabytes a month.

    Tony, Oct 16, 2007
  9. brenda

    sittingduck Guest

    If you are clueless enough to need antivirus programs, you probably don't
    have shit worth saving anyway... just reformat, reinstall windows, and start
    over. Eventually you may learn how to avoid problems, and not rely on
    software to save you.
    Or you could try an obscure OS like linux or OSX, etc. which pretty much no
    one bothers to write viruses for.

    sittingduck, Oct 16, 2007
  10. brenda

    brenda Guest

    It seems like the virus is blocking the downloading of all anti virus
    programmes.
    I can run online anti virus progs which identify the virus which appears to
    be in the temp fill which I also cannot delete under delete all offline
    content

    brenda, Oct 16, 2007
  11. brenda

    kráftéé Guest

    If you know which files are causing a problem then boot into safe mode
    & delete from there. If that doesn't work then boot into DOS & delete
    from there.

    kráftéé, Oct 16, 2007
  12. brenda

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    can't do that, take the computer to a professional.

    Oh, and don't top post. Makes it hard to follow the thread.

    Desk Rabbit, Oct 16, 2007