  1. My Nortons Anti Virus tells me I have the above virus but cant get rid
    of it. Can anyone tell me what I can do
    Thanks

    Kevin Cosgrove, Jul 30, 2004

  2. Install Spybot S&D
    www.safer-networking.org

    Ad-aware
    www.lavasoft.de

    Patrick Dunford, Jul 30, 2004

  3. Kevin Cosgrove

    Dave Taylor Guest

    The first thing to do is get a second opinion. False positives are rare
    but do happen. Try one of the online scanners.
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/

    Next is to visit you AV vendor's web site for removal instrunctions.
    http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/vinfodb.html

    If it is a backdoor, it will be listening. You should be able to detect
    that. I don't really trust AV scans made from a suspected machine. Can
    you move the drive to a known clean machine for scanning?
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jul 30, 2004
  4. Kevin Cosgrove

    Jerry Guest

    Not much to go by but seems old hat. SubSeven?
    Anyway, try:
    If not try a free trial trojan hunter.
    Then secure your sys.
    As always, Google is your friend.
    HTH
    Jerry

    PS Looks like you post with a valid addie too.

    Jerry, Jul 30, 2004
  5. Kevin Cosgrove

    Athura Guest

    Where does NAV say the virus is?
    If you have Windows ME or XP and its in the restore folder NAV wont be able
    to remove it so you need to disable system restore and reboot to purge the
    restore folder.

    Athura, Jul 31, 2004