    PCHealth. Tried select/delete, Remove Programs, Remove Components -
    nothing works. Can anyone suggest how to kill this beast?? Thanks!!
    Ellen

    Ella, Sep 29, 2005

  2. A couple of details you left out could be semi-important. What is the
    name of the virus? How did you find the virus? What antivirus do you use
    and why it can't it handle it? What antispyware precautions are you
    using? For deleting it manually, you can boot up with a Windows CD, go
    the repair panel command line, surf over to where you can delete the
    file with the del command.

    And are you absolutely sure you're using Windows 2002 Home Edition?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 29, 2005

  3. Ella

    PC Guest

    Ella
    (respectfully)
    You more likely have Windows XP Home 'Version 2002' SP2, there was no
    "Windows 2002"
    Pedantic? perhaps, but unfortunately with computers accuracy is essential.

    So the other 'essential' information needed that would help group readers
    formulate possible answers for you include:
    Name of Virus
    Name of Program that identified the Virus.
    What the Program that identified the Virus did with it.
    What Anti Virus program(s) are you using & do they have up to date virus
    definitions.
    What Anti Spyware programs do you have & are they up to date also.
    Did you install any (as in "any") applet, program, assistant, toolbar etc
    recently, for example a 'Search Assistant'

    Again respectfully

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Sep 29, 2005
  4. Ella

    Plato Guest

    Download avg and avast to a new folder. Disable system restore. Boot to
    safe mode. Clean out all temp internet files and windows temp files.
    Install both antivirus programs and run them. Boot to regular mode.
    Launch each antivirus again but get the updates first. Then run them
    again. Do the same with adaware and spybot to get rid of any spyware.

    Plato, Sep 29, 2005