Virtualized Windows XP coming to Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate users

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave Doe, Apr 26, 2009.

  1. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/24/virtualized-windows-xp-coming-to-
    windows-7-professional-and-ulti

    Color us intrigued. The gang at SuperSite for Windows have revealed what
    they know about a pretty awesome Windows 7 feature: XP Mode, a
    virtualized copy of Windows XP with Service Pack 3. It'll reportedly be
    a free download for Professional and Ultimate Edition users, a shame it
    won't be coming to all versions. Unlike many other Virtual PC options,
    the environment won't require a separate workspace so you can run the
    individual apps as you would alongside those native to 7 -- in the
    example pictured, that's Word 2003 in XP mode next to Word 2007. It all
    sounds vaguely similar to the XP compatibility mode found in Vista, but
    if we're understanding this right, XPM should make legacy compatibility
    much less of a hassle. We haven't heard any reports of it being found in
    the leaked Release Candidate build, so if you're antsy to get a glimpse
    now, hit up the read link for a gallery.

    Dave Doe, Apr 26, 2009

  2. Dave Doe

    Gordon Guest

    Yes, but who remembers? MS once again is marketing technology, as Apple has
    done. Nothing new, just a new cover

    Gordon, Apr 26, 2009

  3. Dave Doe

    news2.thing Guest

    I working URL would be nice.

    regards

    Thing

    news2.thing, Apr 27, 2009
  4. Dave Doe

    news2.thing Guest

    news2.thing, Apr 27, 2009
  5. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    Dave Doe, Apr 27, 2009
  6. Dave Doe

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    I think he's talking about the urls wrapping, it stops them being clickable
    in some newsreaders

    Copying and pasting the urls works in Firefox however, even if they've
    wrapped.

    Surrounding the url in angle brackets works for some newsreaders, or you can
    tinyurl the links. I now use the preview feature on tinyurl so people don't
    have to worry about getting tricked into going somewhere horrible.

    <http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/24/virtualized-windows-xp-coming-to-windows-7-professional-and-ulti>
    OR
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/dg7ahk

    <http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/bu...n-windows-xp-mode-and-windows-virtual-pc.aspx>