Virtual VOIP Number & SMS Texting Solutions For Dublin Ireland &Vonage

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Heidy, May 27, 2007.

  1. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    Hi what do you guys suggest for an Incoming Number For Ireland.

    Vonage the Voip I use are fairly expensive for this £5-99UK plus one off
    £5-99 connection payment.

    I notice that Skype have NO Skype In Numbers for Ireland at all.

    It seems like Ireland is an expensive country to get an Inbound Number
    if at all available.

    Vonage do NOT do SMS texting to landlines or Mobiles is there a better
    solution than Vonage

    They alway get me to give all my detail Name,Full Address,Account Number,
    Email Address,Tel Number,Username why do they need a massive amount of
    information versus calling your regular PSTN phone company?

    Vonage operators always announce themselves as "The Number 1 Rated
    Digital Phone Company"

    Yet when you ring them on 150 its like talking them on a crackly two way
    radio I end up having to call them back on my PSTN instead, there reps
    are based in the States most of the time calls get through ok.

    Heidy

    Heidy, May 27, 2007

  2. Heidy

    Brian A Guest

    vyke.co.uk do texting. You can text from their web site or intall an
    application on your your mobile phone. I installed the Java version on
    my 6230i and it works very well. Unlike some applications it uses the
    existing phone memory contacts - so no need to program in contacts
    again. Excluding any data charges (about 1K of data) the charge for
    the text message is about 4c (Euros).
    In the UK, if you text a landline number, the text is converted to
    voice for the recipient. I just did a test. I sent a text from O2 to a
    voiptalk number. When answered it says 'This is a message from BT'
    ....it speaks the number it was texted from and the message.
    a friend installed the Java version on his Samsung phojne but it
    wasn't so user friendly for him. I get the feeling that it will
    probably work better with Nokias that have phone memories.

    Next, you do not have to use the same company for incoming and
    outgoing calls. If your ATA doesn't cater for additional outgoing
    providers then use voxalot.com on the Eu server to facilitate this.
    If you don't have an ATA, other than a locked one supplied by Vonage,
    then come back with your requirements and someone will advise you what
    to get. Tariff wise you can easily do better than Vonage.

    I can't advise on phone numbers for Ireland but doubtless someone
    here will be able to help.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Sign petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview

    Brian A, May 27, 2007

  3. Heidy

    Brian A Guest

    further to my last post....
    The only 2 Ireland Voip providers I can see are blueface.ie and
    freespeech.ie
    Freespeech appear to do 076 numbers, which, accroding to a search I
    made, is the voip prefix in Ireland.
    Check out here.... it appears to be free !!
    http://www.freespeech.ie/?tabm=2

    Brian A, May 27, 2007
  4. Heidy

    Paul123 Guest

    www.Voiptalk.org do Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Galway numbers. There must
    be others

    Paul123, May 28, 2007
  5. Heidy

    Herman Guest

    From what I can see on the website, you get an 076 (VoIP) number for free.
    You can also get an 01 (Dublin) number free of setup or subscription if you
    credt EUR20. You may have to be resident in Dublin though to get this, not
    sure what the regs are for assigning geo numbers in Ireland

    Herman, May 28, 2007