    memory for Virtual Servers? I would like to run 8 Virtual Servers off a
    single server assigning 1-2GB of memory to each virtual server. Do I have to
    buy Server 2003 Enterprise or can I run 2003 Standard 64bit to use over 4GB?

    Guest, Aug 3, 2006

  2. You don't need to buy Enterprise to do this. However, it's important to note
    that there are _significant_ licensing advantages to doing this with
    Enterprise, starting with the R2 release.

    For that matter, you don't need Windows Server at all to do this. It could
    be done on XP x64. However, XP as the host is not recommended for production
    environments, only for test.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 3, 2006