    Where can I get Virtual Server 2005 w/SP1?

    The evaluation download seems to be pre-sp1 and refuses to install on X64
    windows.

    Guest, Jun 13, 2005

  2. Andre has given you the link to the beta version. My only comment? It is
    quite fast on my x64 box.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 13, 2005
  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks guys. I've "submitted my survey" for the beta.

    It wasn't clear in the informational web pages at the main Virtual Server
    web site that SP1 is only in BETA.

    While on the topic, has anyone heard when the final SP1 expects release?

    Guest, Jun 14, 2005
  4. no indication

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 14, 2005
  5. Not sure when the SP1 beta will be done, fairly soon though.

    One thing I would like to point out is that you will only be able to host
    32bit guests on x64, no 64bit guests, that wont be until future revisions
    of Virtual Server as they have to rewrite the hardware emulation side of
    the product to emulate 64bit environments. This SP is meant to only add
    support for 32bit environments running on x64. Ping me with any questions.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jun 14, 2005
  6. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 14, 2005
  7. Dunno yet. I actually sit next to someone that's close to the VPC stuff
    but he is out the next two weeks, I will ping him when he is back in the
    office and see what I can find out for you.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jun 14, 2005
  8. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 14, 2005
  9. Yeah, I've heard mixed things. Personally, I prefer the interface of VPC ( I
    find VS fairly annoying, frankly), but I must say the performance of VS is
    definitely better than VPC.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 17, 2005
  10. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 19, 2005
  11. there is a console app, but not for administration. I'm getting used to VS,
    but I can't say I'll ever love it. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 19, 2005