    Personally, I don't use it, I use VMWare, does anyone know if it supports
    pass-thu USB devices like VMware does? As this is a handy way to get
    scanners and the like working in x64 with 32bit drivers.

    Mark Gillespie, Apr 3, 2006

  2. sorry, seen the post from Andre a while ago. Should have read the ng
    first.. :)

    Mark Gillespie, Apr 3, 2006

  3. No problem.

    See my blog for some details, and an upcoming Expert Zone column. But
    basically, no USB, and no x64 guest. So somewhat less useful for dealing
    with hardware compatibility issues. But I use both - for some things, VS is
    easier to use and better, still, than VMWare.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 3, 2006
  4. Mark - check your gmail address or ping me again offline. Thanks. :)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 4, 2006
  5. Nothing in my gmail, (except the usual V1agra offers) have emailed you.

    Mark Gillespie, Apr 4, 2006
  6. hmmm. I'm not seeing anything here. Try my other address. c h a r l i e AT s
    c r i b e s DOT c o m.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 4, 2006
  7. Mark Gillespie

    DP Guest

    I see the MS website offers 64- and 32-bit versions.

    I run XP X64, so I should get the 64-bit version of Virtual Server, right?
    Even though I may be looking to run 32-bit XP and 32-bit Linux on the
    server?

    DP, Apr 5, 2006
  8. Correct. You use the x64 version on Windows x64. You use the 32-bit version
    on 32-bit Windows. Both have exactly the same options for what guest
    operating systems you can create.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 5, 2006
  9. Mark Gillespie

    DP Guest

    Thanks, Charlie.
    Another question. Let's say I'm using XP X64 and get the 64-bit version of
    Virtual Server. Will I be able to run a copy of Vista on that server? Or is
    that asking even a high-performance machine to do way too much?

    DP, Apr 5, 2006
  10. Sure, you can run Vista. You probably won't have Glass, at least not yet.
    But you can run Vista just fine.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 5, 2006
  11. Got your email to my main address. You should have incoming. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 5, 2006