    that had NTL problems.
    I cannot now find this any more. Does anyone know if a similar site still exists?
    TIA

    Dave Croft, May 3, 2007

  2. Dave Croft

    meerkat Guest

    www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/

    Try here Dave.

    meerkat, May 3, 2007

  3. Dave Croft

    Aardvark Guest

    Hey Dave- Runcorn here :)

    Aardvark, May 3, 2007
  4. Dave Croft

    meerkat Guest

    Hey Aardvark- Coventry here <g>.
    We`ll (TINW) soon have our own network %. )

    meerkat, May 3, 2007
  5. Dave Croft

    Aardvark Guest

    They fixed the roof on that old cathedral yet? :)

    Aardvark, May 3, 2007
  6. Dave Croft

    meerkat Guest

    They`re just gonna use it as an `open air` cathedral now.
    Gotta `cut back` and save money you know %. )

    meerkat, May 3, 2007
  7. Dave Croft

    Dave Croft Guest

    Thanks Gentlemen. By the way in 1957 I used to repair the telephones in
    Widnes in the morning & Runcorn in the Afternoons.
    It scared the Sh*ts out of me driving every day on to the transporter bridge
    (GPO Van nose against the gate) & having a big ICI tanker push up behind me.
    I was scared that if the transporter stopped suddenly I might get pushed off.
    That was a long while ago, I've been retired for 10 years.

    Dave Croft, May 3, 2007
  8. Dave Croft

    Aardvark Guest

    Things got better after 1961 when they opened the bridge. For a while.
    Seems we'll soon have a second crossing (then again, they've been saying
    that for years).

    I never had the pleasure of using the transporter bridge having only moved
    to Runcorn in 1979, although if I'm ever in Middlesbrough I think I'll
    give theirs a spin.:)

    Aardvark, May 3, 2007
  9. Hey you guys -- Los Angeles here, you silly Brits. ;)

    Blinky the Shark, May 3, 2007
  10. Dave Croft

    Alfred Guest

    Alfred, May 3, 2007
  11. Dave Croft

    meerkat Guest

    You can join our club, I like sharks <g>.

    meerkat, May 3, 2007
  12. Dave Croft

    Whiskers Guest

    For the record, even in the UK other ISPs are available.

    Whiskers, May 3, 2007
  13. Okay. And on the flip side...

    Blinky is a Contributing Sponsor of the Shark Research Institute:

    http://www.sharks.org/

    Show your support with a small contribution. :)

    The bastages have recently gone to a Flash website. I may move to
    another institution over this. Grrrrrrr.

    Blinky the Shark, May 4, 2007

  14. "A primary conservation strategy of SRI is creating value for sharks
    as sustainable natural resources for tourism industries, particularly
    in developing countries. "

    Big deal... What other "value" do sharks provide?

    \Fat Tony\ D'Amico, May 4, 2007
  15. They also tag and monitor them for research, and that kind of stuff.

    That said, sustainable natural resources are a good idea.
    A position in the food chain.

    Food for humans.

    What "value" do sunsets provide?

    Blinky the Shark, May 4, 2007
  16. So what? That does not make me whip out the checkbook.
    Yeah. They are. Sharks are but one cog in the larger machine.
    As all living things do, but that does not make be want to finance
    "research" to things that are not necessary. I might as well finance
    algae research.
    I don't eat shark. Never will.

    No such thing as sunsets. That is a perception of your relative
    location to Earth and our sun.

    \Fat Tony\ D'Amico, May 4, 2007
  17. Dave Croft

    Aardvark Guest

    I eat shark steaks regularly. If I could eat a sunset, I would :)

    Aardvark, May 4, 2007
  18. So what? I'm not spending your money.
    So finance what you care about. Like I do.
    Who cares?
    Have a nice life.

    Blinky the Shark, May 4, 2007
  19. A good shark steak is a fine thing. :)

    Blinky the Shark, May 4, 2007

  20. I was expecting a plea for some kind of shark crisis that needed to be
    solved. I guess there is none, you wanted funds for an organization
    that puts money in your pocket, apparently.

    \Fat Tony\ D'Amico, May 4, 2007