Vigor AP 800 Questions

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by thescullster, Jun 26, 2013.

  1. thescullster

    thescullster Guest

    Hi all

    Anyone using the Vigor AP800?

    I am looking at the MAC Address filtering, for one thing, and I am not
    clear on what the options mean.
    The default policy which is currently applied is "disable" i. e. the MAC
    Address filtering is not operational.
    The second option is "Activate MAC Address filter" and the third
    "Blocked MAC Address filter".

    Now I can guess what these two options will achieve, but as this is a
    live corporate router I'd rather ask the question. Can anyone explain
    how these two selections will operate please (the user manual is hopeless)?

    Also, there is a list of attached devices under "Diagnostics" - "DHCP
    Table". Is there any way to remove items from this list, or re-create
    the list so as to lose old devices that haven't been attached for years?
    There is a refresh option, but this doesn't seem to purge old
    unconnected items.

    Thanks

    Phil

    thescullster, Jun 26, 2013