    "Netstumbler" but had difficulty configuring to work with my Lynksys Router
    (WRT54G). Thanks!

    Greg

    Guest, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Hi
    You need Wireless Card in your Desktop.

    You need Windows XP SP2.

    If the above requirements met log to the Desktop Connection Properties and
    check the Box down to the left. See here,
    http://www.ezlan.net/jack/XP_Net_properties.jpg

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Greg, do you have a wireless router for your laptop?

    Is this router conected to your desktop by an ethernet or usb cable?

    Guest, Mar 21, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Jack and Matt,

    Thanks,

    The router is hard wired to the desktop. The laptop has a card, the desktop
    does not (I think). I also have 2 Apple Airport Express' in bridge mode to
    send music to 2 places in my house. I don't need a card for the desktop
    since it's connected to the router but I figured that between my 3 wireless
    devices, I should be able to see other wireless devices in the area like on
    the laptop.

    Greg

    Guest, Mar 21, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Greg, I had exactly the same problem.

    you need to make sure that your server services are enabled in
    run>services.msc>server>start

    Then right click the folder that you wish to share and click on sharing and
    security>share folder

    then you have to disable your firewalls on both computers (remember to
    enable them again and configure to accept network sharing after you are set
    up!)

    then run the network wizard on both computers and follow the instructions.
    if you have a usb memory stick, it is easy, just copy the setup from one
    computer to the other.

    hope this helps. if you need any more help, post here. matt. good luck!

    Guest, Mar 22, 2006