view loaded clip frame-by-frame on PC?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by asprigoftrig, Dec 14, 2005.

  1. asprigoftrig

    asprigoftrig Guest

    ....a wealth of knowledgeable experts in this group! Could you help me?
    I would like to purchase a digital camcorder, or even a good webcam,
    which allows me to load the clip onto my PC. I then want to view each
    frame in Macromedia Flash, tracing over the image in any selected
    frame.
    1) Digital camcorder, or webcam?
    2) What model is best, and what are it's desirable features for what I
    want to do?

    My ultimate goal is to trace a character over the subject in the frame
    which has been loaded into Flash. I will then animate the character
    thus created in flash.
    Also, I intend to use a mouse to trace over the image.
    1) Is the mouse the best tool for this purpose?
    2) Is there any particular brand of mouse best suited for my goal?
    3) I noticed that Gateway has a new laptop out where you can write
    directly on the screen. Would this give me the detail and control I
    may desire?
    Thanks for all your help.

    asprigoftrig, Dec 14, 2005

  2. asprigoftrig

    Lorem Ipsum Guest

    If you are only using the tracing, then high resolution is not necessary, so
    go for cheap.
    The whole surface of the Gateway M275 is a Wacom Tablet, perfectly
    functional and works as you would expect it to. I am using one at this
    moment, and we have over 7,000 of them deployed at work. Good stuff!

    Lorem Ipsum, Dec 14, 2005

  3. asprigoftrig

    asprigoftrig Guest

    What's going on with the Gateway company now? Is it safe to deal with
    them, and buy their products?

    asprigoftrig, Dec 14, 2005
  4. asprigoftrig

    asprigoftrig Guest

    How is it that you employ over 7000 of these Gateways at work? Is this
    an ad agency? Are they being used for making graphic images, or text?

    asprigoftrig, Dec 14, 2005